Don’t you wish you were an Oscar Mayer weiner?
No, it’s no April Fools Day joke — the Weinermobile rolled through Arlington. Perhaps it was the same large sausage vehicle that was posted up at the Springfield Lidl in Fairfax County this afternoon. It will also be at the Fairfax Lidl at 11179 Lee Highway on Sunday between 9 a.m. and noon for anyone who really wants to get a photo.
A hot dog-shaped vehicle could seen cutting across a few lanes of southbound I-395 earlier today.
(1) Watch: People have been called a "wiener" or worse for crossing 4 lanes of traffic to get from Boundary Channel to Route 1 on I-395S. And then there are the actual wieners. @JohnKelly @WTOPtraffic @ARLnowDOTcom @6abcDan #395cam #STATcam #zeuscam #traffic pic.twitter.com/xQe5zjnR35
— Dave Statter (@STATter911) March 31, 2022
Now, here are the most-read Arlington articles of the past week.
- Ballston Macy’s proposal draws concerns about density, land use
- Tornado Warning for parts of Arlington
- TSA nabs pistol-packing Arlington man at DCA
- U.S. Marshal Service, ACPD on scene of fatal leap from building
- Arlington animal control frees coyote trapped between fences
- Reality star Michael Darby might be opening a restaurant in the former Clarendon Ballroom
- ACPD scales back some services amid reduction in staffing
- A fog is being released in Shirlington this week to shoo away crows
- B Live and Coco B’s to open in former Whitlow’s space this spring, summer
- Abingdon Elementary politely asks neighbors to get off its lawn during school hours
Feel free to discuss these stories or anything else of local interest in the comments. Happy April, Arlington!
They say baseball is a game of inches. Okay, maybe that’s football. But for one Arlington Little League team, this can be taken somewhat literally. The Athletics (A’s, for short)…
The annual Army Ten-Miler race will prompt numerous road closures in Arlington this weekend. Runners will zip through parts of Rosslyn, D.C. and Pentagon City, starting and finishing the race…
Open Houses includes a 4 BD/2.5 BA brick home with newly refinished floors, brick fireplace and detached garage.
Nightlife venue Wilson Hardware in Clarendon is now back fully reopened after a million-dollar renovation. The five-year-old restaurant underwent a significant facelift over the last several months that added a…
Arlington kids can keep active this winter with Arlington County’s Department of Parks & Recreation’s Youth House Basketball League. Available for grades 1-12, this program begins in mid-November for grades 1-8 and early Jan. for grades 9-12 and costs between $75-90. Come join the fun! Sign up by Oct. 12*! Registration for grades 9-12 opens on Nov. 7. If the league fee is a factor to signing up, check out the Department’s fee reduction program, which helps Everyone, Everywhere, Every Day! Access for All. Easy to apply! Whether you have a short-term set back or something longer-term. Learn more at parks.arlingtonva.us/fee-reductions or call 703-228-4747.
Join Us on Monday, October 17, 2022, for our General Membership Meeting & Arlington County Candidate Forum led by the NAACP Arlington Branch Political Action Committee
Time: 7:00-9:00 pm
Location: Virtual on Zoom
Mini Family & Pet Photo Sessions
Beat the rush and sign up to get your holiday photos now!
Bring your kids! Bring your dogs!
Check out the DeSilva Studios website. Look at the images and see if you like them