It’s been a gray and rainy week in Arlington.
We may have some scattered showers this weekend but hopefully you’re able to get out of the house without an umbrella in between.
Here are the most-read Arlington articles of the past week.
- Arlington band wins Grammy award
- Amid transit-oriented growth in Arlington, a detached garage endures across from the EFC Metro
- Arlington teachers union under interim leadership following internal turmoil
- Carjacking reported near Ballston
- Motorcycle cop injured in Shirlington Circle crash
- Seven restaurants with Arlington ties are up for RAMMY awards this year
- Fire pit debris causes weekend house fire near Westover
- British cuisine purveyor Salt Pot Kitchen planning to open in Ballston next month
- Plans for Phase 2 of Amazon’s HQ2 receive Planning Commission approval
- Jewelry store closing next month after nearly three decades in the Lee Heights Shops
Feel free to discuss these stories or anything else of local interest in the comments. Enjoy the weekend, Arlington!
The week started as summer and is ending, unmistakably, as fall. On the plus side, we have a stretch of crisp, sunny days ahead, with the exception of some rain…
A 5 BD/2 BA home with a light-filled den and screened back porch is included in Open Houses.
Early voting got off to a muted start today (Thursday) at the Arlington County government headquarters in Courthouse. “We had a line of five voters when we opened at 8…
Wakefield High School and Claremont Elementary School were secured today in response to reports of gunfire in nearby Bailey’s Crossroads.
Now you can have fun with your family and friends when deciding where to eat!
Just hop aboard The Lunch Train and set the destination for: breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, or nightlife!
– No app necessary. Simply go to the website if you’d like!
– No account necessary
– Use your current location or a desired location
– Add restaurants you’re interested in, invite your friends, and play the game!
Lyon Park & Ashton Heights’ biennial home & garden biennial tour is back. The tour will include contemporary custom homes, older historic bungalows as well as renovated properties. One of the stunning homes on the tour is pictured above. In addition to beautiful & unique homes, the Villa & Vistas ’22 event will conclude with a festive reception at the Lyon Park Community Center at 414 N Fillmore Street, Arlington VA 22201. What could be better right?
All proceeds from this event will go to the Lyon Park Citizens Association (LPCA) towards our neighborhood jewel & hub, the Lyon Park Community Center (LPCC).
When: Sunday, October 2nd, Noon – 4 PM.
Where: Meet to get your tickets and the tour map at the Lyon Park Community Center (414 N Fillmore Street) We will have a table with information outside.
Are you ready to jump into homeownership or started considering it but don’t know where to start? Financial preparation is key when thinking about purchasing your first home and the first step to getting pre-approved. Join ACFCU for our Homebuying