Happy Friday Arlington!
We hope you find some things to do this weekend, but pack an umbrella as it looks like there’s a chance of thunderstorms each day.
Now, here are the most-read Arlington articles of the past week.
- Juan Soto has a new house (somewhere) in Arlington
- EXCLUSIVE: The Clarendon Ballroom is back, with a new interior, rooftop deck and a slightly different name
- Arlington sets record after again ranking No. 1 on American Fitness Index
- Is River Place’s time coming to an end in Rosslyn?
- New empanada restaurant coming to Columbia Pike
- Three arrested after a spate of men exposing themselves in various parts of Arlington
- Arlington’s first medical cannabis dispensary is opening in Clarendon
- Police investigating armed mugging in Courthouse
- County Board discusses “missing middle” housing proposal amid roiling community debate
- Arlington office vacancy rate continues to rise amid work-from-home trends
Feel free to discuss these stories or anything else of local interest in the comments. Enjoy the weekend!
The four people reported to be seriously injured when a car plowed into Ireland’s Four Courts last night may not have survived but for the quick actions of fellow pub-goers…
(Updated at 7:55 a.m.) Ireland’s Four Courts in Courthouse caught fire after a car barreled into it at the height of dinnertime Friday. The fire is now out after a…
After a steamy stretch, Mother Nature is rewarding us with a pair of new-perfect days. We hope you are able to get out there and enjoy the weather tonight and…
The adorable Kimchi, a black and white Guinea Pig is the newest Adoptable Pet of the Week.
Do you struggle with anxiety, depression, stress, grief, trauma or anger? Are
you ready to make a change?
Lauren K. Nickum, LCSW, CSAC from Peaceful Mind Solutions is now taking new
clients for psychotherapy. Lauren has over 10 years of experience treating
mental health disorders and general life stress in adults and adolescents. For
more information visit
Signature Theatre just released single tickets for all 33rd season productions, which highlights the organization’s long-time relationship with legendary composer Stephen Sondheim. Beginning with the musical adaptation of The Color Purple and irreverent No Place to Go, the season continues with three Sondheim musicals, the DC premieres of Off-Broadway hit Which Way to the Stage and Pulitzer Prize finalist Selling Kabul, the Tony Award®-winning rock musical Passing Strange, and return of Signature’s cabaret series honoring legendary artists.
“Last November, the world lost an icon. The death of Stephen Sondheim was a blow to everyone in the theater community. Signature Theatre would not be the same without Sondheim — he IS Signature’s ‘signature.’ This season, we are honoring the legend with productions of Into the Woods, Pacific Overtures and Sweeney Todd dedicated to his memory. These shows represent the diversity and range of Sondheim,” said Signature’s Artistic Director Matthew Gardiner about the new season.
Join us Sunday, Aug 28 from 12-3pm for our MEGA Wine Tasting
How it Works:
We’ve invited all our wine vendors that we work with to bring 6-10 wines in their portfolio (wines that are usually not carried at Osteria