Good Friday evening, Arlington. Today we published 6 articles that were read a total of 7935 times… so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today — Dec 9, 2022.
- JUST IN: President Biden is coming to Arlington on Monday
- Police on lookout for airsoft gun drive-by shooter
- Pedestrian bridge over Route 50 closed due to ‘deterioration’ concerns
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read Arlington articles of the week, below.
- Ballston Macy’s redevelopment project includes the most hotly debated left turn in a decade (11950 views)
- Clarendon Silver Diner set to close this week, ahead of Ballston location’s opening (9438 views)
- Residential investors are especially interested in these five areas of Arlington (8339 views)
- Most and least expensive condos sold in Arlington (Nov-Dec 2022) (4146 views)
- JUST IN: Woman groped, pulled to ground in Lyon Park (3742 views)
- JUST IN: Man accused of breaking into apartment, sexually assaulting resident (3732 views)
- We asked an AI to write some Arlington fanfiction. Here’s what it came up with. (3570 views)
- County says Days Inn developer needs to play up hotel’s mid-century modern origins (3450 views)
- Two rescued after SUV nearly plunges into creek at Long Branch Nature Center (3385 views)
- ACPD: Would-be robber punched in Buckingham, shots fired along Columbia Pike (2257 views)
- County says YMCA needs more community benefits to justify 374-unit apartment building (2159 views)
- Mormon-owned apartment and church in Potomac Yard adds dental office (2103 views)
- JUST IN: President Biden is coming to Arlington on Monday (2131 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Arlington, from our event calendar.
- 8:00 am: FitDistrict Studios & Energy Cafe Wellness Day & Grand Opening
- 10:00 am: Wakefield High School Winter Bazaar/ Holiday Shop
- 10:50 am: Art & the Early Reader, Celebrate Winter, 6-7yrs
- 👉 7:30 pm: National Chamber Ensemble – Holiday Cheer!
And here are the events planned for Sunday:
- 8:00 am: Family Pass Holder Day Wreaths Across America
- 12:00 pm: Holiday Workshops
- 3:00 pm: Holiday Songs & S’mores
- 4:00 pm: A Celtic Christmas
⛅ Saturday’s forecast
Mostly cloudy throughout the day. High of 46 and low of 40. Sunrise at 7:18 am and sunset at 4:48 pm. See more from Weather.gov.
💡 Thought of the Day
“Though the clouds may hide the sun, a light still remains in all of us.” – Unknown
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend, Arlington! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
It’s set to be a busy month at the Black Heritage Museum of Arlington as it continues to look for a permanent home. The museum is participating in a number…
Ask Eli dives into the performance of single-family homes in 2022.
Two bills that would have given online-only local news publications like ARLnow some of the same privileges afforded legacy media outlets failed in Richmond over the past few weeks. In…
Bishop O’Connell High School students will be dancing for 12 hours straight to raise money for the research and treatment of cystic fibrosis. The nearly 50-year-old tradition, dubbed the “Superdance,”…
Have you noticed a striking sculpture at Monroe Street and Wilson Boulevard? It’s the Museum of Contemporary Art Arlington’s newest installation, Make Your Mark, by Arlington artist, Adam Henry. This sculpture celebrates MoCA Arlington’s rebranding and brings the museum’s energy outdoors.
On February 11, come inside when the museum’s galleries reopen with two new exhibitions: Rebecca Rivas Rogers: Grey View and Crisis of Image.
Grey View, in the Wyatt Resident Artist Gallery, is an homage to “gray” and a snapshot of the artist’s process. Consisting of photographs, collage, and a site-specific installation, this show is an outgrowth of Rivas-Rogers’ visual investigations into places you see on your way to somewhere else.
On the main level, Crisis of Image features artists who seek equity in today’s saturated visual world by developing new methods related to the production of images.
Its February and you said you would start your journey to a healthier you, last month! If you are struggling and do not know how or what to do to get started, we are here to keep you accountable. At Aspire Higher Training, we offer 1-1 Personal Training for ALL fitness levels, Semi-Private Group Training, Sport Specific Training and Injury Prevention/Post-Physical Therapy Training. Monica and her team of trainers are available across Arlington, Va.
If you don’t have access to a gym, no problem, we are located in South Arlington, but if you want to workout from your home gym, we also offer that flexibility. We make it as convenient as possible to ensure your success. Before getting started, we offer a free 15-30 minute consultation call to see how we can best help you towards your health and fitness goals. Let’s get started on your health and fitness goals today by setting up a call at your earliest convenience:
Valentine gifts for someone special or for yourself are here at George Mason University from noon -4pm on February 14, 2023. Satisfy your sweet tooth with Kingsbury Chocolates, find a handmade bag from Karina Gaull, pick up treats from Village