Good Friday evening, Arlington. Today we published 6 articles that were read a total of 7453 times… so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today — Dec 16, 2022.
- Another overturned vehicle crash at the usual spot on the GW Parkway
- UPDATED: H-B Woodlawn secured after telephone threat
- Mount Vernon Avenue bridge replacement to receive $17 million in state funds
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- UPDATED: Power outage in Courthouse area after reported transformer explosion (8782 views)
- JUST IN: Ballston’s Philz Coffee is closing Friday (8184 views)
- Gun store employee chases down thief in Clarendon (6197 views)
- Former Rosslyn coffee shop owner convicted of credit card fraud (5509 views)
- Key Bridge Marriott redevelopment stalls as financial woes worsen for L.A. developer (5474 views)
- A lone detached home along Route 50 near Courthouse could become apartments (4874 views)
- New ‘indoor dog park & bar’ says it’s coming to same building as New District Brewing (4834 views)
- JUST IN: Toxic gas from batteries was released into Ballston Metro station this summer (4775 views)
- Miss Arlington is competing for the Miss America crown this week (4370 views)
- Planning Commission hearing on Missing Middle draws nearly 100 speakers (3945 views)
- Arlington’s first medical cannabis dispensary now set to open early next year (3795 views)
- Photos: Items from the closed Silver Diner in Clarendon now up for auction (3630 views)
- Arlington Community High School finds next temporary home in Ballston office building (3418 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Arlington, from our event calendar.
- 👉 11:00 am: Paws & Claus at The Crossing Clarendon
- 2:00 pm: Barkin’ Holiday Bash at Ballston Quarter
- 7:30 pm: The Comedy Karaoke Trivia Funtime Show: Holiday Edition with Josh Kuderna
And here are the events planned for Sunday:
- 11:30 am: ToastMasters – Spirited Speakeers
- 5:00 pm: Jingle Across Arlington!
- 👉 5:30 pm: Chanukah on Ice 2022 – National Landing/Pentagon City
- 7:30 pm: Handel’s Messiah Sing-Along Dec. 18
⛅ Saturday’s forecast
Partly cloudy throughout the day. High of 42 and low of 29. Sunrise at 7:23 am and sunset at 4:49 pm. See more from Weather.gov.
💡 Thought of the Day
“Life is a journey and only you hold the map.” – Unknown
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend, Arlington! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
Good Wednesday evening, Arlington. Let’s take a look back at today’s stories and a look forward to tomorrow’s event calendar. 🕗 News recap The following articles were published earlier today…
After a 2-year search for new digs, Arlington Independent Media is on the cusp of moving from its long-time headquarters in Clarendon.
Former Arlington Commonwealth’s Attorney Theo Stamos is taking a top job in the Virginia Attorney General’s Office. Stamos lost her reelection bid in 2019, defeated in the Democratic primary by…
Sometime next year, three residential streets in Arlington without sidewalks could get upgrades to allow for safer pedestrian and cyclist use. To help address demonstrated safety and access issues on…
About Latinas Leading Tomorrow (LLT): Latinas Leading Tomorrow is a dynamic 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering young Latina women through education, mentorship, and leadership development. We are committed to fostering a community of future leaders who will make a significant impact to the community.
Job Description: We are seeking a passionate and dedicated Part-time Executive Director to lead our organization into its next phase of growth and impact. The ideal candidate will be a visionary leader who can oversee day-to-day operations, drive fundraising efforts, and cultivate relationships with stakeholders. This is a 1099 position; Remote position with ability to attend DMV events; 8-10 hours a week; $35-40/per hour.
Oversee program operations, including educational and community initiatives.
Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, maintaining trust and accountability.
Develop and execute a strategic vision aligned with our mission and values.
Lead fundraising efforts in partnership with the Board Members.
Cultivate relationships with community partners, schools, educators, and donors.
Demonstrate strong leadership skills, fostering a positive organizational culture.
Communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders and make compelling public presentations.
Promote inclusivity and collaboration throughout the organization.
Children’s Weekday Program (CWP) is a non-profit preschool rooted in a play-based philosophy. We focus on developing a love of learning and exploration, cooperation, empathy, and independence.
Our caring and experienced educators create opportunities for children 16 months to 5 years old to play, learn, and grow in a nurturing environment of child-centered and developmentally appropriate experiences.
Initially established more than 50 years ago in South Arlington, CWP continues to be a lauded program in the Northern Virginia area. We are extremely proud to have been recognized as a Best Preschool in Northern Virginia Magazine for the last 4 years.
Located now in North Arlington at 2666 Military Road, CWP offers a part-time parents day out and preschool program with options to extend care both before and after school. We offer a supportive and inclusive school community for children and parents alike and welcome all families to join our school!
Holiday Art Show featuring artists: Peter Fitzgerald, Claire Plante, Alanna Rivera, and Suzy Scollon. At the Barcroft Community House, 800 South Buchanan St., Arlington, VA. Dec. 8 from, 2 PM to 8 PM and Dec. 9 from 10 AM to