Good Friday evening, Arlington. Today we published articles that were read a total of 7997 times… so far.
📈 Top stories
The following are the most-read articles for today — Feb 17, 2023.
- Proposed cuts to liberal arts program at Marymount University roil students, alumni and faculty
- This small brick structure in North Arlington is actually a key part of the county’s water infrastructure
- Have visitors in Arlington for the long weekend? Here are some sightseeing, dining and nightlife ideas
- Morning Notes
Since it’s Friday, we’ve also compiled a list of the most-read articles of the week, below.
- Pickleball fight escalates as opponents distribute flyer accusing players of bullying children (21839 views)
- Carjacking suspects apprehended after chase into D.C. (12657 views)
- APS to unenroll 5th and 8th graders who do not live in Arlington before the next school year (9604 views)
- Man shot at Courthouse hotel overnight (6679 views)
- NEW: I-395 ramp blocked after report of man pointing gun at another driver (6449 views)
- Haute Dogs is homeward-bound, looking to open later this month in Arlington (5469 views)
- Arlington gets $1.2M grant to help people living in shelters or outdoors move into apartments (3448 views)
- Jeni’s Ice Cream set to open tomorrow in Shirlington (3300 views)
- Annual tap water change starting next week, a month earlier than usual (3154 views)
- Most and least expensive townhouses sold in Arlington (Jan-Feb 2023) (2425 views)
- An abundance of bird poop sullies Shirlington, but some relief may be on the way (2341 views)
- Rising overdoses on school grounds prompt APS, School Board to act (2186 views)
- Essy’s Carriage House is serving up decades of memories before it closes next month (2102 views)
📅 Upcoming events
Here is what’s going on Saturday in Arlington, from our event calendar.
And here are the events planned for Sunday:
- 3:00 pm: Almost, Maine
🌤 Saturday’s forecast
Clear throughout the day. High of 46 and low of 36. Sunrise at 6:57 am and sunset at 5:50 pm. See more from Weather.gov.
💡 Thought of the Day
“No matter how difficult the journey may be, never give up on your dreams and always believe in yourself.”
🌅 Tonight’s sunset
We hope you have a great weekend, Arlington! Feel free to discuss the most-read stories of the week, the upcoming weekend events or anything else of local interest in the comments. 👋
Enjoy some tasty bites while networking at BizArt at WHINO on December 11!
The Arlington Chorale is gearing up to bring a long-lost musical piece to life at its holiday concert next Saturday in Westover. The community choir plans to perform familiar Christmas…
Plans to redevelop the Goodwill near Route 50 — with affordable housing, childcare and a new store and donation center — have received a relatively warm reception, per a recent…
This month’s Mike Mount creation is more of a graphic than a cartoon. People in Arlington, like people in many communities, enjoy complaining about certain things. Now imagine a house in…
Children’s Weekday Program (CWP) is a non-profit preschool rooted in a play-based philosophy. We focus on developing a love of learning and exploration, cooperation, empathy, and independence.
Our caring and experienced educators create opportunities for children 16 months to 5 years old to play, learn, and grow in a nurturing environment of child-centered and developmentally appropriate experiences.
Initially established more than 50 years ago in South Arlington, CWP continues to be a lauded program in the Northern Virginia area. We are extremely proud to have been recognized as a Best Preschool in Northern Virginia Magazine for the last 4 years.
Located now in North Arlington at 2666 Military Road, CWP offers a part-time parents day out and preschool program with options to extend care both before and after school. We offer a supportive and inclusive school community for children and parents alike and welcome all families to join our school!
The Optimist Club of Arlington is holding its 77th annual Christmas tree sale!
This year, the tree sale will be held at the Knights of Columbus (5115 Little Falls Road). The lot opens for sales on November 24th. The Optimist Club is selling small and large trees ranging from tabletop size to 10 foot tall trees! Wreaths, garland, tree stands, and White House Christmas ornaments will also be for sale.
100% of all proceeds go towards helping Arlington County youth.
For more information, please visit the Arlington Optimists website at https://optimistclubofarlingtonva.org/.
Holiday Art Show featuring artists: Peter Fitzgerald, Claire Plante, Alanna Rivera, and Suzy Scollon. At the Barcroft Community House, 800 South Buchanan St., Arlington, VA. Dec. 8 from, 2 PM to 8 PM and Dec. 9 from 10 AM to
2023 Christmas Tree Sales Begin
Saturday, December 2
Get your holiday decorating off to the right start this year! We will be selling 150 Fraser firs, freshly cut and delivered from Sparta, North Carolina.