weather icon 70° Cloudy
The Latest:

Courthouse Wendy’s Closes After Minor Fire

by ARLnow.com | February 4, 2013 at 9:05 pm | 1,462 views | 9 Comments

Fire at Courthouse Wendy's restaurantThe Courthouse Wendy’s restaurant (2038 Wilson Blvd) has closed temporarily due to a fire in the kitchen.

A fryer caught on fire around 3:45 Monday afternoon, according to fire radio traffic. Thanks to the restaurant’s hood system, the fire was contained and quickly extinguished once firefighters arrived on scene.

No injuries were reported.

The restaurant was temporarily closed pending a health inspection and any necessary repairs, we hear. No word yet on when it will reopen.

Last summer, a technician suffered burns at the restaurant while repairing its fryers.

Courtesy photo

Section: News | Tags: , ,
Print Friendly and PDF
  • LiteBrite

    I thought only Burger King was flame-grilled. ZING.

    Glad nobody was hurt.

  • Swag

    It’s an improvement.

  • Don Vincento

    Top notch photo journalism, Rusty Little. The auto in the foreground makes the conflagration appear to be a mafia job. Or wasn’t it?

  • xtr657

    too bad it didn’t burn down…prime location

    • SamsonTheCat

      prime location for Wendy’s Tavern, a new burger and chocolate froyo place. They call the froyo a “forsty” and it’s great if you dip the artisan-cut fries in it.

  • TJLinBallston

    There must have PANIC in the parking lot…..no, wait a minute….nevermind.

  • novasteve

    Okay, what in that area of courthouse HASN’T had a fire?

  • JC

    Noooooooooooooooo

  • Sam

    ARLNOW – a kitchen hood system simply sucks the grease and odors and cooking smoke up and outside, it’s the ansul system that extinguishes fires (located right under the hoods). When an ansul system goes off, it’s usually at 2500 degrees, and it covers all equipment in foam (water cant be used to put out grease fires) and renders it useless, as when it dries, it “cakes” up on the equipment, and is nearly impossible to get out. I doubt the ansul system, or their hoods had anything to do with extinguishing the fire, especially since it was open for business today. Just an FYI

×

Subscribe to our mailing list