You may have noticed some political ads on ARLnow.com over the past couple of days. Those ads have appeared in spaces that are filled by Google AdSense, an advertising network. We do not control the ads that appear in those spaces.
Starting today, however, you will see a political ad that was sold directly by ARLnow.com. Here are some quick facts about political advertising on ARLnow.com:
- We don’t actively solicit political advertising
- We charge all political ads the same rate as commercial businesses
- Political ads are placed in the same rotation as ads for commercial businesses
- We don’t pick and choose between candidates — any local candidate or cause is welcome to advertise on the site
- Just because we sold an ad to a candidate’s campaign does not mean we will in any way alter our coverage of the candidate or the candidate’s opponents. Our integrity and reputation for fairness are much more valuable than a three-week ad buy.
Please feel free to spread any advertising-related conspiracy theories in the comments section.