This year the county board’s traditional New Year’s Day organizational meeting will feature the election of Chris Zimmerman as chairman and Mary Hynes as vice chairman. After taking a number of formal administrative votes, Zimmerman and the rest of the board will individually outline their strategic priorities for the year ahead.
The 11:00 a.m. meeting is open to the public. Here’s the agenda:
- Election of Chairman
- Election of Vice Chairman
- Appointment of Clerk
- Adoption of Calendar Year 2011 County Board Meeting Schedule
- Adoption of Calendar Year 2011 County Board Meeting Procedures
- Adoption of Calendar Year 2011 Procedures for Budget and Tax Rate(s) Public Hearings
- Adoption of Calendar Year 2011 Tie Breaker Resolution
- Regional and Other Appointments
- Advisory Group Chairman and Other Appointments
- Chairman’s Address
- Remarks by Board Members
- Concluding Activities
A new hair salon is coming to Williamsburg Shopping Center in North Arlington, into the space formerly occupied by Zinga! Frozen Yogurt. Adil’s Salon and Spa is looking to open…
Coworking provides a flexible schedule with the ability to keep a hybrid work schedule and Industrious has multiple locations across Arlington to assist in your team’s productivity.
Ask Eli reviews the Arlington housing market, how months of supply has been impacted, sales prices and more this week.
The average rate of new daily Covid cases in Arlington has dropped about 60% between the Jan. 12 peak and today. The latest Virginia Dept. of Health data shows a…