If so, indulge the kid’s obsession at Arlington Central Library’s “truck petting zoo.”
From 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, various types of work vehicles will be on display at the library’s (1015 N. Quincy Street) east parking lot, near the tennis courts. Kids of all ages are invited to touch and explore the vehicles up close.
According to the Arlington Transit Blog, the trucks scheduled to be on display include:
- ACFD fire engine, ladder truck and ambulance
- ACPD motorcycle and police cruiser
- Street sweeper, garbage truck and dump truck from the Arlington’s Dept. of Environmental Services
- Concrete mixer from Vulcan Materials
- Gas operations vehicle from Washington Gas
- Arlington Transit ART bus
A driver in an SUV struck a juvenile riding a bike along Langston Blvd this afternoon. The crash happened around 4:20 p.m., in or near the crosswalk at the intersection…
Today’s Listing of the Day is a 4 BD/4 BA home with an open kitchen and wood burning fireplace.
The weekend has arrived and, apparently, so have mid-summer temperatures. Perhaps a little too early. Forecasters warn residents not to let the heat take them by surprise as temperatures could reach…
The $15 million newly renovated Jennie Dean Park is reopening to the public this weekend, complete with a motorcycle parade, live music, and a celebration of local baseball history. The…