The Air Force Cycling Classic will bring exciting races and extensive road closures to Arlington over the weekend.
The nationally-recognized pro cycling event will kick off early in Clarendon on Saturday, then head to Crystal City on Sunday. Here’s the official schedule:
- Saturday, June 11 (Clarendon)
- 8:00 a.m. — Amateur races (for licensed riders)
- 10:05 a.m. — Women’s Pro/Am race
- 11:35 a.m. — Kids race
- 12:00 p.m. — Clarendon Cup Pro/Am Invitational
- Sunday, June 12 (Crystal City)
- 7:30 a.m. — Crystal Ride (open to all, registration ends Friday)
- 11:15 a.m. — Kids races
- 11:35 a.m. — Crystal Cup Pro/Am Invitational
- 1:25 p.m. — Women’s Pro/Am race
- 2:30 p.m. — Amateur race (for licensed riders)
The races will result in a long list of road closures. See the list, after the jump.
- Saturday (approx. 4:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- Wilson Blvd from 10th Street to Barton Street
- Clarendon Blvd from Washington Blvd to Barton Street
- Washington Blvd from 10th Street to 13th Street
- Highland Street from Wilson Blvd to Washington Blvd
- Garfield Street and Fillmore Street from Wilson Blvd to Washington Blvd
- Sunday (approx. 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.)
- Joyce Street from Army Navy Drive to Columbia Pike
- Columbia Pike from Oak Street to Pentagon South Parking
- EB Washington Blvd at I-395
- WB Washington Blvd from Memorial Bridge
- Boundary Channel Drive
- Crystal Drive from 23rd Street to Army Navy Drive
- SB Route 110 ramp to I-395 (reopens at noon)
- Various Jefferson Davis Hwy (Route 1) ramp/exit closures
Everyone has flat screen TVs already so how about a more interesting Black Friday special? The ARLnow Press Club for free, to try out the daily Early Morning Notes email…
There’s not a whole lot going on in Arlington today, save for activity at local shopping centers, so we’re going to fast forward right to the top story countdown. Here…
Statues of Liberty gives thanks this holiday season and grateful for a few things this year.
It’s turkey time. Thanksgiving Eve is upon us and extra revelry can be expected at some local bars tonight, ahead of the holiday. Please be careful on the roads and…
The Optimist Club of Arlington is holding its 76th annual Christmas tree sale!
This year, the tree sale will be held at the Knights of Columbus (5115 Little Falls Road). The lot opens for sales on November 25th. The Optimist Club is selling small and large trees ranging from tabletop size to huge 14 foot tall trees! Wreaths, garlands, tree stands, and White House Christmas ornaments will also be for sale.
100% of all proceeds go towards helping Arlington County youth.
For more information, please visit the Arlington Optimists website at https://optimistclubofarlingtonva.org/.
Art House 7 is a small art studio in Arlington – offering instruction in painting, ceramics, sewing and more. We are looking for kind, dedicated people who love both creating and teaching.
Ceramic Teachers are needed to teach wheel-throwing to adults and 6-12th graders and to teach hand building to elementary grades. Classes have 3-8 students.
Drawing teachers are needed to teach either kids or adults. For kids, we offer cartooning, manga or traditional drawing. For adults, we only offer traditional drawing.
Painting teachers are needed to teach either kids or adults. We offer oil, acrylic or watercolor for adults or teens. All elementary classes use acrylic and tempera.
NCE’s Holiday Concert will bring the finest classical masterpieces and holiday favorites together for the whole family. The festivities begin with Leroy Anderson’s classic “Sleigh Ride” and “Chanukkah Festival”, music from the Nutcracker and by J.S. Bach.
Outstanding Young Artist