The Air Force Cycling Classic will bring exciting races and extensive road closures to Arlington over the weekend.
The nationally-recognized pro cycling event will kick off early in Clarendon on Saturday, then head to Crystal City on Sunday. Here’s the official schedule:
- Saturday, June 11 (Clarendon)
- 8:00 a.m. — Amateur races (for licensed riders)
- 10:05 a.m. — Women’s Pro/Am race
- 11:35 a.m. — Kids race
- 12:00 p.m. — Clarendon Cup Pro/Am Invitational
- Sunday, June 12 (Crystal City)
- 7:30 a.m. — Crystal Ride (open to all, registration ends Friday)
- 11:15 a.m. — Kids races
- 11:35 a.m. — Crystal Cup Pro/Am Invitational
- 1:25 p.m. — Women’s Pro/Am race
- 2:30 p.m. — Amateur race (for licensed riders)
The races will result in a long list of road closures. See the list, after the jump.
- Saturday (approx. 4:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- Wilson Blvd from 10th Street to Barton Street
- Clarendon Blvd from Washington Blvd to Barton Street
- Washington Blvd from 10th Street to 13th Street
- Highland Street from Wilson Blvd to Washington Blvd
- Garfield Street and Fillmore Street from Wilson Blvd to Washington Blvd
- Sunday (approx. 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.)
- Joyce Street from Army Navy Drive to Columbia Pike
- Columbia Pike from Oak Street to Pentagon South Parking
- EB Washington Blvd at I-395
- WB Washington Blvd from Memorial Bridge
- Boundary Channel Drive
- Crystal Drive from 23rd Street to Army Navy Drive
- SB Route 110 ramp to I-395 (reopens at noon)
- Various Jefferson Davis Hwy (Route 1) ramp/exit closures
Update on Delayed Rosslyn Development — “The approved Arlington County site plan setting up the eventual demolition of two obsolete office buildings — one home to the Deep Throat garage…
Good Wednesday evening, Arlington. Today we published articles that were read a total of 14291 times… so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles for today —…
ARLnow has been providing independent, in-depth coverage of Arlington since 2010. We are committed to keeping readers informed about the issues that matter most to the community, including those that…
Residents of The Shelton, an affordable housing development in the Green Valley neighborhood, are raising concerns about property management and poor treatment of residents. They previously raised these same issues…
Please join us on Saturday, June 3, from 2 to 4 pm for the Glencarlyn Home Tour in Arlington’s historic Glencarlyn neighborhood. Among the featured homes will be a sparkling new home by A&N Builders at 5604-4th St. South. The inviting front porch opens to a light-filled space featuring high ceiling, wood floors, gas fireplace, Pella windows, Shrock cabinets, Quartz countertop, and JennAir appliances. Doors from the family room open to a large covered porch with a few steps to the level, landscaped rear yard. Upstairs, there are four bedrooms, three bathrooms, laundry room, and linen storage. The big lower level has a rec room, gym space, and a fifth bedroom and bathroom plus even more storage. After leaving the home, stroll to the Ball-Sellers home, the oldest residence in Arlington, the community gardens at the library, Carlin Hall, and the 94 acre Glencarlyn Park. A lovely way to while away a late spring afternoon.
Is home ownership a goal of yours in 2023? Now is the time to make it happen! Grab a (virtual) drink with the area’s top Real Estate experts, learn all about the home buying process and on how you can get $1,500 towards your closing costs immediately!
Did you know the average Arlington renter will spend $150K in 5 years of renting? Stop paying down someone else’s mortgage! Join us for a Rent vs. Buy Happy Hour on Wednesday, June 7th at 6 p.m. via Zoom. If this time doesn’t work, we also are offering times convenient for your schedule!
A lot has happened in the local market since the beginning of the pandemic. Sip on your drink of choice and learn from Northern Virginia, Arlington and Washingtonian Magazines top producing agents! We will discuss the latest market updates, the home buying process and rent vs. buy cost savings. Please RSVP by clicking here.
Call/text Manavi at 703-869-6698 with any questions!
Homebuying 101: Steps to Getting Pre-Approved
Are you ready to jump into homeownership or started considering it but don’t know where to start? Financial preparation is key when thinking about purchasing your first home and the first step to getting pre-approved.
Join ACFCU’s mortgage loan officers
4th of July Celebration & Fireworks
Treat yourself this Independence Day with a world-class, private 4th of July extravaganza at the Military Women’s Memorial – a premier National Capital Region site.
Great food, fun, and the best views of Washington DC’s spectacular fireworks display. Relax, enjoy,