The long holiday weekend has begun, and that means many county services are stopped or altered. Here’s a list of changes:
- All courts are closed.
- DMV locations are closed.
- All libraries are closed.
- Human services offices are closed.
- Park grounds are open but all administrative offices are closed.
- Barcroft Sports and Fitness Center is open from 6:00am-6:00pm. All other centers are closed.
- Trash and recycling pickup runs on regular service, but some special collections are altered.
- Public swimming pools are on an altered schedule.
The police department has also provided a list of road closures for activities on July 4. In addition, police are reminding event attendees that:
- Alcoholic beverages, grills and fireworks are prohibited on county and federal parkland during Independence Day activities.
- Vendors will not be allowed in the area of the Iwo Jima Memorial.
- Coolers and backpacks are subject to search.
Officials are encouraging people heading to the Air Force Memorial or the Iwo Jima memorial to watch the fireworks to take public transportation.
Flickr pool photo by Timkelley