Klingler’s campaign has scheduled a series of morning jogs with the candidate. The jogs are open to anyone interested in learning more about Klingler, a trained emergency medical technician and a certified personal trainer.
“Arlingtonians can start their new year off right and join Kim for a morning jog and discussion about how Arlington is doing as a County and how we can improve,” the campaign said in a press release. “This is an opportunity for those on the go to meet Kim, run with a group, and get to know different neighborhoods in Arlington.”
Five runs are scheduled between Jan. 5 and Jan. 16, in advance of the Democratic caucuses on Jan. 19 and 21. The chosen Democratic nominee will compete in a special election on Tuesday, March 27. (See run schedule, after the jump.)
“Runs range in distance from 2 miles to 5 miles, and those of all paces are encouraged to join,” the campaign said. “In addition to these scheduled runs, Kim plans on joining established running groups for a run, time permitting, and also invites area runners to suggest other runs.”
Campaign photo via Facebook. Disclosure: Kim for Arlington is an ARLnow.com advertiser. Advertising on ARLnow.com is open to all political campaigns and does not influence news coverage.
Run schedule, as provided by Kim for Arlington campaign.
- Thursday, January 5th 7:30 am – Ballston to Rosslyn *Meet outside of the Ballston Cosi 4250 Fairfax Drive Arlington, VA 22203*
- Saturday, January 7th 8:00 am – Columbia Pike *Meet outside of Columbia Pike Branch Library 816 S Walter Reed Dr Arlington, VA 22204*
- Wednesday, January 11th 7:00 am – Dominion Hills *Meet outside of Dominion Hills Park 1060 N. Liberty St. Arlington, VA 22205*
- Friday, January 13th 8:00 am – Nauck *Meet at Jeannie Dean Park 3630 27th Street South Arlington, Virginia 22206*
- Monday, January 16th 7:00 am – Donaldson Run *Meet at Marcey Road Park 2722 Marcey Rd. Arlington, VA 22207*