Support

UPDATED: Carbon Monoxide Incident in Courthouse

(Updated at 1:55 p.m.) The Arlington County Fire Department on the scene of a carbon monoxide incident in the Courthouse area.

Firefighters initially responded to the U.S. Print and Copy store at 2044 Wilson Boulevard for a report of a person feeling light-headed and dizzy. Personnel started treating the victim and then detected high levels of carbon monoxide, prompting a larger fire department response.

A total of three patients have been evaluated by paramedics, according to ACFD spokesman Capt. Gregg Karl. It’s unclear whether any of the patients will require transport to the hospital.

Firefighters are investigating the possibility that the carbon monoxide is coming from a malfunctioning furnace in the basement of the store. Personnel also checked other businesses along the same retail strip and found elevated carbon monoxide levels in next-door Summers Restaurant, Karl said.

As of 1:45 p.m., Washington Gas crews was on the scene, the stores were being ventilated, and firefighters and police officers (who were helping with traffic control) were beginning to clear.

 

Recent Stories

Arlingtonians may be more likely to travel on a Bird than any other brand of scooter and this year will have the option of using its e-bikes. The number of…

A video purporting to show two people attacking an employee inside the Bluemont McDonald’s has been obtained by ARLnow. The attack happened around 11 p.m. Monday, at the restaurant on…

(Updated at 11:20 a.m.) Arlington is under a Winter Weather Advisory ahead of the arrival of snow today. Forecasters say Arlington will get about 1-3 inches of accumulation, with snow…

Morning Notes

Local Leaders Push for More Boosters — “A good number of Arlington residents seem to be turning a blind eye and/or deaf ear to governmental drumbeats for COVID booster shots….

×

Subscribe to our mailing list