As the weather gets warmer, Arlingtonians can expect more options for buying farm-fresh produce and artisan goods.
With the expected launch of the new Westover Farmers Market, this year there will be seven local farmers markets for residents to choose from. We’ve compiled the following guide, for your reference.
- Courthouse (N. Courthouse Road and 14th Street N.) — Saturdays — Perhaps the largest of Arlington’s farmers markets, the Arlington Farmers Market in Courthouse is open year-round. Its expanded summer hours — from 8:00 a.m. to noon — will begin next weekend, on April 21.
- Columbia Pike (Columbia Pike and S. Walter Reed Drive) — Sundays — The only other year-round farmers market in Arlington, besides Courthouse, the Columbia Pike market is now operating under the “regular” seasonal hours of 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m., according to the Columbia Pike Revitalization Organization website.
- Clarendon (Clarendon Blvd and N. Highland Street) — Wednesdays — The Clarendon Farmers Market kicked off its 14th season yesterday afternoon (April 11). The market, which is open from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m., runs through the end of October, with its peak summer “high season” starting in May.
- Crystal City (Crystal Drive between 18th and 20th Streets) — Tuesdays — The Crystal City farmers market, operated by FRESHFARM Markets, serves a largely workday crowd from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m. The market will open for the season on May 1 and will run through November 20.
- Westover (Washington Blvd and N. McKinley Road) — Sundays — Organizers of Arlington’s newest farmers market are hoping to kick off its inaugural season on May 6. When it does launch, the market will be open from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Check the market’s new website for updates.
- Rosslyn (Wilson Blvd and N. Oak Street) — Thursdays — The only Arlington farmers market that has its own dedicated concert series, the Rosslyn Farmers Market will be open from May 31 to October 25 this year. The market serves a lunchtime crowd from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Ballston (N. Stuart Street and 9th Street N.) — Thursdays — Located at Welburn Square, the Ballston farmers market has the latest starting date:
June 7June 28. The market will be open from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m., through the end of October. FRESHFARM Markets will be taking over management of the farmers market this year, according to Ballston Business Improvement District Executive Director Tina Leone.
The four people reported to be seriously injured when a car plowed into Ireland’s Four Courts last night may not have survived but for the quick actions of fellow pub-goers…
(Updated at 7:55 a.m.) Ireland’s Four Courts in Courthouse caught fire after a car barreled into it at the height of dinnertime Friday. The fire is now out after a…
After a steamy stretch, Mother Nature is rewarding us with a pair of new-perfect days. We hope you are able to get out there and enjoy the weather tonight and…
The adorable Kimchi, a black and white Guinea Pig is the newest Adoptable Pet of the Week.
Do you struggle with anxiety, depression, stress, grief, trauma or anger? Are
you ready to make a change?
Lauren K. Nickum, LCSW, CSAC from Peaceful Mind Solutions is now taking new
clients for psychotherapy. Lauren has over 10 years of experience treating
mental health disorders and general life stress in adults and adolescents. For
more information visit
Signature Theatre just released single tickets for all 33rd season productions, which highlights the organization’s long-time relationship with legendary composer Stephen Sondheim. Beginning with the musical adaptation of The Color Purple and irreverent No Place to Go, the season continues with three Sondheim musicals, the DC premieres of Off-Broadway hit Which Way to the Stage and Pulitzer Prize finalist Selling Kabul, the Tony Award®-winning rock musical Passing Strange, and return of Signature’s cabaret series honoring legendary artists.
“Last November, the world lost an icon. The death of Stephen Sondheim was a blow to everyone in the theater community. Signature Theatre would not be the same without Sondheim — he IS Signature’s ‘signature.’ This season, we are honoring the legend with productions of Into the Woods, Pacific Overtures and Sweeney Todd dedicated to his memory. These shows represent the diversity and range of Sondheim,” said Signature’s Artistic Director Matthew Gardiner about the new season.
Join us Sunday, Aug 28 from 12-3pm for our MEGA Wine Tasting
How it Works:
We’ve invited all our wine vendors that we work with to bring 6-10 wines in their portfolio (wines that are usually not carried at Osteria