The race will start at about 7:55 a.m. and the 26.2 mile course, which winds through Arlington and the District, will close at 3:00 p.m. During the marathon, Crystal City will be hosting an all-day family festival, complete with moon bounces, face painting, obstacle courses and live DJs. Rosslyn will be hosting the marathon’s finish festival, featuring live bands, a beer garden and free massages for runners.
The Arlington County Police Department is planning to close the following roads and highways to make way for the 30,000 runners expected to participate in the race.
- 4:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Route 110 ramp from Washington Boulevard to Route 110
- 4:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Marshall Drive from N. Meade Street to Route 110
- 4:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Route 110 from I-66 to U.S. Highway 1
- 4:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. N. Meade Street from Marshall Drive to Lynn Street
- 4:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Wilson Boulevard from N. Nash Street to Route 110
- 4:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Lynn Street from N. Meade Street to Lee Highway
- 4:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Fort Myer Drive from N. Meade Street to Lee Highway
- 4:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. N. Moore Street from Wilson Boulevard to Lee Highway
- 4:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. 19th Street N. from Lynn Street to N. Nash Street
- 7:00 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. Lee Highway eastbound from Lynn Street to N. Kirkwood Street
- 7:00 a.m. – 9:25 a.m. Spout Run Parkway from Lee Highway to GW Memorial Parkway
- 7:30 a.m. – 9:40 a.m. GW Memorial Parkway from Spout Run to Key Bridge off ramp
- 7:45 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Army Navy Drive from S. Eads Street to 12th Street S.
- 7:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. 15th Street S. from Crystal Drive to Eads Street
- 7:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. 12th Street from Army Navy Drive to Crystal Drive
- 7:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Crystal Drive from 12th Street to 23rd Street
- 7:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Long Bridge Drive from 12th Street to N. Boundary Channel Drive
- 7:30 a.m. – 2:45 p.m. N. Boundary Channel Drive from I-395 ramps to Washington Boulevard
Temporary parking restrictions will also be in place along the marathon route.
Flickr pool photo by BrianMKA
Arlingtonians may be more likely to travel on a Bird than any other brand of scooter and this year will have the option of using its e-bikes. The number of…
A video purporting to show two people attacking an employee inside the Bluemont McDonald’s has been obtained by ARLnow. The attack happened around 11 p.m. Monday, at the restaurant on…
(Updated at 11:20 a.m.) Arlington is under a Winter Weather Advisory ahead of the arrival of snow today. Forecasters say Arlington will get about 1-3 inches of accumulation, with snow…
Local Leaders Push for More Boosters — “A good number of Arlington residents seem to be turning a blind eye and/or deaf ear to governmental drumbeats for COVID booster shots….