The movies will run on Friday nights from May 17 to August 30, in Rosslyn’s Gateway Park (1300 Lee Highway). This summer’s festival features 16 well-known high school movies, starting with the 1985 classic The Breakfast Club.
This year’s scheduled is as follows.
- May 17: The Breakfast Club (1985)
- May 24: Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (1986)
- May 31: Clueless (1995)
- June 7: Risky Business (1983)
- June 14: Can’t Buy Me Love (1987)
- June 21: Easy A (2010)
- June 28: 10 Things I Hate About You (1999)
- July 5: Bring It On (2000)
- July 12: Pretty in Pink (1986)
- July 19: She’s All That (1999)
- July 26: Fame (1980)
- August 2: Can’t Hardly Wait (1998)
- August 9: Sixteen Candles (1984)
- August 16: High School Musical 3 (2006)
- August 23: American Graffiti (1973)
- August 30: Grease (1978)
While most movie-goers walk or take Metro, parking is available in the nearby Atlantic Parking Garage, next to the Continental on N. Moore Street, for $3.
The theme of last year’s Rosslyn film fest was “Election Night.”
Candidate Questioned About Age — “Arlington County Board candidate Audrey Clement, who previously told news outlets that she is in her early 50s, appears to be two decades older, according to…
Update at 10:15 p.m. — Arlington is under a Flood Warning as heavy rain continues to fall. Some flooding is being reported in parts of the area, including along I-66…
Arlington County could use federal American Rescue Plan Act funding to take a swing at making the “Arlington Way” work for more residents. From what a development project should look…
Making Room is a biweekly opinion column. The views expressed are solely the author’s. The Site Plan Review Committee begins today for the redevelopment of The Marbella. This project is…