Today and every Friday in April, roads in Crystal City will close for the annual Crystal City 5K Fridays race series.
The race will kick off at 6:30 p.m. on April 5 (today), 12, 19 and 26. In a press release, Arlington County Police said they will close the following lanes and streets from about 6:15 to 7:45 p.m.
- NB lanes of Crystal Drive between 23rd Street and 15th Street
- NB lanes of Crystal Drive between 26th Street and Route 1
- NB lanes of Potomac Avenue between Crystal Drive and Glebe Road
- 33rd Street between Potomac Avenue and Crystal Drive
- S. Ball Street between 33rd Street and 35th Street
- SB lanes of Potomac Avenue between Crystal Drive and 33rd Street (crossing permitted when deemed safe)
VRE riders are asked to add 5-10 minutes of on-foot travel time to get to the Crystal City station, and those who park in Crystal City parking garages are being warned that they may not be able to get our of their garage during the race.
Street parking along the route, particularly on Crystal Drive and Potomac Avenue, will be restricted. Temporary ‘No Parking’ signs should now be posted.
Photo via Facebook/Crystal City BID. Disclosure: Crystal City BID is an ARLnow.com advertiser
A driver in an SUV struck a juvenile riding a bike along Langston Blvd this afternoon. The crash happened around 4:20 p.m., in or near the crosswalk at the intersection…
Today’s Listing of the Day is a 4 BD/4 BA home with an open kitchen and wood burning fireplace.
The weekend has arrived and, apparently, so have mid-summer temperatures. Perhaps a little too early. Forecasters warn residents not to let the heat take them by surprise as temperatures could reach…
The $15 million newly renovated Jennie Dean Park is reopening to the public this weekend, complete with a motorcycle parade, live music, and a celebration of local baseball history. The…