Arlington will host its very own TEDx conference on Sunday, June 9.
TEDxRosslyn will be held from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Top of the Town conference facility (1400 14th Street N.).
The theme of the independently-organized conference is “Imagining the Future.”
“TEDxRosslyn is a gathering of thought leaders and heads of industry that are using bold ideas and innovating methods to reshape our city and the rest of the world,” according to event organizers. “TEDxRosslyn will be a cumulation of in-person talks from amazing speakers, recorded videos from the official TED conference, and time and activities for the attendees to connect to each and hopefully create lasting relationships.”
Speakers at TEDxRosslyn will each deliver short talks, demonstrations or performances on a wide variety of topics. Scheduled speakers include:
- Jenn Gustetic — Challenges and Prizes Progam Executive, NASA
- Aneri Patel — Senior Associate, Energy Access at UN Foundation
- Ashraf Khalil — Cairo-based Correspondent, The Times of London
- Carmen Medina — Former Deputy Director for Intelligence, CIA
- Eneida Alcalde — Executive Director, Ed-Futuro
- Jacob Marshal — Senior Connector, More Partnerships
- Joshua Haynes — Senior Development Technologist, USAID
- Kara Shuler — Strategy and Innovation Senior Consultant, Deloitte
- Liz Norton — Director, Stone Soup Films
- Margot MacDonald — Singer/Songwriter
- Michelle Zelsman — Director of Marketing and Communications, National Breast Cancer Coalition
- Patrick Tucker — Deputy Editor, THE FUTURIST Magazine
- P.D. Klein — Co-founder, FabLab DC
- Robert Engelman — President, Worldwatch Institute
- Sharon Terry — President and CEO, Genetic Alliance
- Steve Davis — Director of Advanced Projects, SpaceX
- Tim Cannon — Co-Founder, Grindhouse
- Dan Brown — Author and Teacher
- Alan Holden — Senior Consultant, Deloitte
Tickets for the event are $45 online. Video from TEDxRosslyn will also be streamed online.
A man was shot early this morning in Clarendon and police are still looking for the suspect. The shooting happened around 2 a.m. at a parking lot along N. Highland…
Good Friday evening, Arlington. Today we published articles that were read a total of 5266 times… so far. 📈 Top stories The following are the most-read articles for today —…
A water rescue operation is underway along Four Mile Run after reports of a drunk man falling down an embankment. The incident happened shortly before 4 p.m. behind the Virginia…
With the Yellow Line bridge and tunnel work complete, Metro is upping service on the line. Starting Sunday, Yellow Line trains will arrive every eight minutes all day, the transit…
Join MoCA Arlington Summer Camps at Marymount University and learn the fundamentals of handbuilding, throwing on a wheel, glazing, and much more. In this two-week course, students will explore hand building techniques, wheel throwing, and strengthen ideas that exemplify individual artist expression guided by professional working artists. Students of all skill levels are welcome!
Visit MoCA Arlington’s Website here and the registration page to secure your space today!
Please join us on Saturday, June 3, from 2 to 4 pm for the Glencarlyn Home Tour in Arlington’s historic Glencarlyn neighborhood. Among the featured homes will be a sparkling new home by A&N Builders at 5604-4th St. South. The inviting front porch opens to a light-filled space featuring high ceiling, wood floors, gas fireplace, Pella windows, Shrock cabinets, Quartz countertop, and JennAir appliances. Doors from the family room open to a large covered porch with a few steps to the level, landscaped rear yard. Upstairs, there are four bedrooms, three bathrooms, laundry room, and linen storage. The big lower level has a rec room, gym space, and a fifth bedroom and bathroom plus even more storage. After leaving the home, stroll to the Ball-Sellers home, the oldest residence in Arlington, the community gardens at the library, Carlin Hall, and the 94 acre Glencarlyn Park. A lovely way to while away a late spring afternoon.
Homebuying 101: Steps to Getting Pre-Approved
Are you ready to jump into homeownership or started considering it but don’t know where to start? Financial preparation is key when thinking about purchasing your first home and the first step to getting pre-approved.
Join ACFCU’s mortgage loan officers
4th of July Celebration & Fireworks
Treat yourself this Independence Day with a world-class, private 4th of July extravaganza at the Military Women’s Memorial – a premier National Capital Region site.
Great food, fun, and the best views of Washington DC’s spectacular fireworks display. Relax, enjoy,