The fire broke out just before 9:00 a.m. Saturday in an HVAC unit on the roof of the school. Firefighters from several jurisdictions responded and helped to extinguish the blaze. The HVAC system was damaged and water from the firefighting effort flooded into the school’s band room, below.
“There was just water damage to the band room,” said Arlington Public Schools spokesman Frank Bellavia. “Crews were able to dry the carpet over the weekend.”
“The fire has not impacted any classes or extracurricular activities at the school,” Bellavia said.
Photo courtesy S. Stein
Carbeque on I-395 — A car was engulfed in flames on I-395 near Shirlington Circle last night. Southbound and HOV lanes were blocked as firefighters worked to extinguish the blaze….
A 2 BD/1 BA home in Shirlington with track lighting, hardwood floors and fireplace is included in today’s Just Reduced.
Shop this holiday season at Trade Roots to find locally made gifts or a sweet treat and coffee for your self.
A new outpost of JINYA Ramen Bar is coming to Ballston Quarter as soon as March, according to a local restaurant group. The restaurant appears to replace Spanish tapas restaurant…