A flash flood watch has been issued for Arlington County and the surrounding D.C. metro area.
Forecasters expect 3-5 inches of rain to fall between now and Thursday as a storm system soaks the region for much of the week. The deluge may cause local creeks, streams and low-lying areas to flood. From the National Weather Service:
… FLASH FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY EVENING THROUGH LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT…
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A
* FLASH FLOOD WATCH FOR PORTIONS OF MARYLAND… THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND VIRGINIA… INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING AREAS… IN MARYLAND… ANNE ARUNDEL… CALVERT… CARROLL… CHARLES… HARFORD… HOWARD… MONTGOMERY… BALTIMORE… PRINCE GEORGES… AND ST. MARYS. IN VIRGINIA… ARLINGTON/FALLS CHURCH/ALEXANDRIA… FAIRFAX… KING GEORGE… PRINCE WILLIAM/MANASSAS/MANASSAS PARK… SOUTHERN FAUQUIER… SPOTSYLVANIA AND STAFFORD… AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.
* FROM TUESDAY EVENING THROUGH LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT
* RAIN WILL CONTINUE THROUGH WEDNESDAY NIGHT… WITH THE HEAVIEST RAIN EXPECTED TUESDAY NIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY NIGHT. STORM TOTAL RAINFALL AMOUNTS WILL AVERAGE BETWEEN 3 AND 5 INCHES WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS LIKELY.
* HEAVY AMOUNTS OF RAIN IN SHORT PERIODS OF TIME MAY CAUSE FLASH FLOODING OF CREEKS… STREAMS AND URBAN AREAS.
A FLASH FLOOD WATCH MEANS THAT THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR FLASH FLOODING. FLASH FLOODING IS A VERY DANGEROUS SITUATION. RAPIDLY MOVING WATER IS POWERFUL AND CAN BE A THREAT TO VEHICLES AS WELL AS PEOPLE AND PROPERTY.
YOU SHOULD MONITOR LATER FORECASTS AND BE PREPARED TO TAKE ACTION SHOULD WARNINGS BE ISSUED. A WARNING WOULD MEAN THAT WE HAVE MOVED FROM THE POSSIBILITY OF FLOODING TO A FLOODING SITUATION IN A SPECIFIC AREA.
High school football season is in play, but this year, fewer students in Arlington Public Schools will be in the stands cheering on their friends. That is because Arlington County…
With a full service shop, Car Care To Go does everything from oil changes to brake replacements with free valet.
In a bid to generate more visitors, Arlington Arts Center has renamed itself the Museum of Contemporary Art Arlington. The non-profit arts organization at 3550 Wilson Blvd in the Virginia…
Wireless services provider Federated Wireless is moving its headquarters from Ballston to Crystal City and is bringing private 5G to the area with help from developer JBG Smith.
Now you can have fun with your family and friends when deciding where to eat!
Just hop aboard The Lunch Train and set the destination for: breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, or nightlife!
– No app necessary. Simply go to the website if you’d like!
– No account necessary
– Use your current location or a desired location
– Add restaurants you’re interested in, invite your friends, and play the game!
Lyon Park & Ashton Heights’ biennial home & garden biennial tour is back. The tour will include contemporary custom homes, older historic bungalows as well as renovated properties. One of the stunning homes on the tour is pictured above. In addition to beautiful & unique homes, the Villa & Vistas ’22 event will conclude with a festive reception at the Lyon Park Community Center at 414 N Fillmore Street, Arlington VA 22201. What could be better right?
All proceeds from this event will go to the Lyon Park Citizens Association (LPCA) towards our neighborhood jewel & hub, the Lyon Park Community Center (LPCC).
When: Sunday, October 2nd, Noon – 4 PM.
Where: Meet to get your tickets and the tour map at the Lyon Park Community Center (414 N Fillmore Street) We will have a table with information outside.
Are you ready to jump into homeownership or started considering it but don’t know where to start? Financial preparation is key when thinking about purchasing your first home and the first step to getting pre-approved. Join ACFCU for our Homebuying