Are mom and dad heading out for dinner and leaving the kids at home?
The Arlington County Police Department has released a video with safety tips for children who are home alone. The tips include:
- Do not have friends over without an adult in the house to supervise.
- Keep your doors closed AND locked when you’re home alone.
- Do not open the door for anyone even if you know the person.
- Don’t answer the phone and never tell anyone you’re home alone.
- Make sure you have a trusted neighbor you can go to if you need help and a list of emergency phone numbers to call.
Those emergency numbers include 911 in an actual emergency, and the police non-emergency line (703-558-2222) for everything else, including reports of suspicious activity.
Amazon has announced four more local businesses that will open at the first phase of its HQ2, known as Metropolitan Park, in Pentagon City. HQ2 will be home to Arlington’s second…
Decal Fee Officially Dead — “Arlington County Board members on May 14 followed through on a promise made last month and eliminated the ‘decal fee’ that has been imposed for…
Just Reduced includes a 4 BD/2.5 BA brick home with a walk out basement and patio.
Update at 9:40 p.m. — All lanes have reopened, Arlington County says. Update at 6:40 p.m. — The southbound lanes have reopened but the northbound lanes are expected to remain…