Crystal City will host the annual Crystal City Twilighter 5K race on Saturday.
The summer race, organized by Pacers, is dubbed “the hottest 5K in town.” It kicks off at 8:30 p.m. and is followed by a post-race party. Registration is $40 for adults over the age of 18, but $20 for those 18 years old or younger.
The Arlington County Police Department is planning on closing a number of roads to make way for the race. From ACPD:
The following lane closures will be in effect between 6:30 p.m. and 11:15 p.m.
- Northbound lanes of Crystal Drive between 23rd Street and 20th Street
- Southbound lanes of Crystal Drive between 23rd Street and 20th Street
- A single southbound access lane from 20th Street to the parking garage entrance at 2100 Crystal Drive will be provided.
- A single southbound exit lane will be provided at the 2200 Crystal Drive exit with access to 23rd Street.
- Note, there will be parking and limited access restrictions in the horseshoe driveway at 2121 Crystal Drive starting at noon.
The following lane closures will be in effect between 8:00 p.m. and 9:45 p.m.:
- Northbound lanes of Crystal Drive between 23th Street and 12th Street
- One southbound lane of Crystal Drive between 20th Street and 15th Street. Western-most southbound lane between 15th and 20th Streets to remain open to provide parking garage access.
- Westbound lane of S. 12th Street between Crystal Drive and Long Bridge Drive.
- North and South bound lanes of Long Bridge Drive from 12th Street South to Boundary Channel.
- East and West bound lanes of Boundary Channel between Long Bridge Drive and Connector Road.
- Both directions of 10th Street between Long Bridge Drive and S. Ball Street.
- Both directions of 6th Street between Long Bridge Drive and S. Ball Street.
- Both directions of S. Ball Street between 6th and 10th Streets.
Disclosure: Crystal City BID is an ARLnow.com advertiser