Crystal City will host the annual Crystal City Twilighter 5K race on Saturday.
The summer race, organized by Pacers, is dubbed “the hottest 5K in town.” It kicks off at 8:30 p.m. and is followed by a post-race party. Registration is $40 for adults over the age of 18, but $20 for those 18 years old or younger.
The Arlington County Police Department is planning on closing a number of roads to make way for the race. From ACPD:
The following lane closures will be in effect between 6:30 p.m. and 11:15 p.m.
- Northbound lanes of Crystal Drive between 23rd Street and 20th Street
- Southbound lanes of Crystal Drive between 23rd Street and 20th Street
- A single southbound access lane from 20th Street to the parking garage entrance at 2100 Crystal Drive will be provided.
- A single southbound exit lane will be provided at the 2200 Crystal Drive exit with access to 23rd Street.
- Note, there will be parking and limited access restrictions in the horseshoe driveway at 2121 Crystal Drive starting at noon.
The following lane closures will be in effect between 8:00 p.m. and 9:45 p.m.:
- Northbound lanes of Crystal Drive between 23th Street and 12th Street
- One southbound lane of Crystal Drive between 20th Street and 15th Street. Western-most southbound lane between 15th and 20th Streets to remain open to provide parking garage access.
- Westbound lane of S. 12th Street between Crystal Drive and Long Bridge Drive.
- North and South bound lanes of Long Bridge Drive from 12th Street South to Boundary Channel.
- East and West bound lanes of Boundary Channel between Long Bridge Drive and Connector Road.
- Both directions of 10th Street between Long Bridge Drive and S. Ball Street.
- Both directions of 6th Street between Long Bridge Drive and S. Ball Street.
- Both directions of S. Ball Street between 6th and 10th Streets.
Disclosure: Crystal City BID is an ARLnow.com advertiser
A Northern Virginia woman likely has monkeypox, the Virginia Dept. of Health announced today. In a press release Thursday afternoon, VDH said the woman was isolating at home and not…
The Arlington County Board today called for action to stem the tide of gun violence, while groups of students around the county held walkouts in response to the elementary school shooting in Texas.
A time-honored, pre-Memorial Day tradition took place at Arlington National Cemetery this morning. More than 1,000 soldiers with the Army’s 3rd Infantry Regiment, also known as The Old Guard, as…
A new sushi restaurant has opened in Rosslyn in a long-vacant, off-the-beaten-path space.