A number of road closures are planned for the Rosslyn Jazz Festival and the Arlington Police, Fire and Sheriff Memorial 9/11 5K.
The Arlington County Police Department issued the following statement about closures planned for the jazz festival.
The 2014 Rosslyn Jazz Festival will be held in Gateway Park on Saturday, September 6, 2014. Set up will begin at approximately 8:00 a.m. and clean-up should be completed by 8:00 p.m. The actual event times are 1:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m.
The left lane of eastbound Lee Highway will be closed at Fort Myer Drive. Westbound Lee Highway will be closed from N. Lynn Street to Fort Myer Drive. Vehicles can detour the area using N. Lynn Street to Rosslyn Circle to Fort Myer Drive.
Street parking in the area will be restricted. Motorists should be on the lookout for temporary “No Parking” signs. Illegally parked vehicles may be ticketed or towed. If your vehicle is towed from a public street, call 703-558-2222.
For more information on the event please visit www.rosslynva.org.
The annual 5K race, which is scheduled to kick off at 6:00 p.m., will result in the following road closures, according to the police department.
From 3:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.
- Army Navy Drive closed between S. 12th Street to S. Eads Street
From 5:45 p.m. until approximately 6:30 p.m.
- Westbound Army Navy Drive closed from S. Eads Street to S. Joyce Street
- All streets crossing Army Navy Drive (including access to I-395 S/B) will be closed for approximately 20 minutes
- S. Joyce Street closed from Army Navy Drive to Columbia Pike
- Columbia Pike closed from Pentagon South Parking to S. Joyce Street
- I-395 Northbound HOV exit to S. Eads Street
From 5:45 p.m. until approximately 8:00 p.m.
- Westbound Washington Boulevard closed from Memorial Bridge to I-395
- Southbound Route 110 closed from Rosslyn to S. 15th Street
- Marshall Drive closed at Route 110
- S. Eads Street closed from Army Navy Drive to S. 12th Street
- S. 12th Street closed from S. Eads Street to Army Navy Drive
In addition, street parking in the area will be restricted. Motorists should be on the lookout for temporary “No Parking” signs. Illegally parked vehicles may be ticketed or towed. If your vehicle is towed from a public street, call 703-228-4252.
Did you know the Arlington Public Library lets you borrow free energy efficiency tools? The latest Rethink Energy shares the details.
President Joe Biden paid a visit to Arlington and the recently-renovated Lubber Run Park, in support of Democrat Terry McAuliffe’s Virginia gubernatorial bid.
With one month to go before school starts, parents are being urged to enroll their kids in some Arlington public schools amid a continued drop in enrollment. Screenshots and emails…
When Marjorie Tarantino was closing on the purchase of her townhouse this spring, she learned there were problems with the deck. Tarantino had bought a property in the Richard Bassett…