Perhaps best known for its pizza and beer, Fire Works is tackling what it sees as an underrepresented market — artisanal cocktails. The new cocktail menu (below) offers modern takes on classic cocktails like the sidecar, the old fashioned and the gin and tonic.
“The inspiration for the cocktail menu is simple… classic cocktails that seem familiar but are reimagined for contemporary times,” Fire Works mixologist Jason Silerto said. “Twists on an old favorite that will have you curious enough to want to try something new, yet recognizable enough so you sort of know what’s in store.”
“Seasonal ingredients are always key to a successful menu,” Silerto continued. “Lighter, more quaffable drinks may dominate a summer list, whereas heavier, throat-warming concoctions feel more apropos come the cooler months.”
Fire Works will hold a Roaring ’20s party next Wednesday, Sept. 24, at 6:00 p.m., to celebrate the cocktail menu launch. The restaurant will serve complimentary hors d’oeuvres from 6:00 to 7:30. A special price for the new cocktails will be in effect from 6:00 to 9:00.
The event is open to the public and attendees are encouraged to dress as “flappers and dapper gentlemen.” You’ll know you’re in the right place when you see the red carpet and rope line and hear the live jazz band. You might also see the well-dressed crowd at the photo booth inside.
The new cocktail menu features the following:
- Peach-Habanero Manhattan (peach-habanero-infused Makers Mark / sweet vermouth / gin barrel-aged orange bitters)
- Rosewater Negroni (Boodles Gin / Campari / sweet vermouth / rosewater)
- Watershed G&T (Catoctin Creek Watershed Gin / house-made orange and fennel Tonic / club soda / cucumber slices / celery bitters / fresh-ground pepper garnish)
- Calm Before the Storm (Goslings Black Seal Rum / Cointreau / fresh lime juice / Maine Ginger Brew)
- Let it Slidecar (Flor de Cana Rum / Remy VSOP / Cointreau / fresh grapefruit juice / basil leaf / basil sugar rim)
- Jasmine Tea & Elderflower Gin Rickey (Plymouth Gin / St. Germaine Elderflower Liqueur / jasmine tea simple syrup / fresh lime juice / club soda)
- Old Sappy Fashioned (Catoctin Creek Roundstone Rye Whiskey / maple syrup / Fee Brothers Aztec Chocolate Bitters / orange slice / cherry)
- Mediterranean Bloody Mary (Bakon Vodka / Mediterranean Bloody Mary mix)
- Peruvian 75 (Macchu Pisco / St Germaine Liqueur / blackberry brandy / Brut Champagne)
- Unprovincial (Ketel One Orange / creme de violette / white cranberry juice / lemon juice / cherry juice)
- Ward 2.0 (rye whiskey / orange juice / fresh lemon juice / house-made rosewater grenadine)
After heartbreak in a race last weekend, Arlington swimming phenom Torri Huske will be coming home with some Olympic hardware after all. Huske was part of the U.S. women’s 4×100…
If readership is any indication, it seems like a lot of Arlington residents have the same itchy red insect bites described in this week’s most-read story. It was, in fact,…
A multi-year legal battle between a family and Arlington Public Schools over the appropriateness of their child’s special education support ended this summer with a decision in APS’s favor, handed down by federal court.
The Salt Line in Ballston is now “looking at a September opening,” restaurant representatives tell ARLnow. This another push back from the restaurant’s initial opening in spring 2020. Pandemic-related delays…