Rain is falling around Arlington as of 4:15 p.m.. Forecasters say sleet, freezing rain and snow are possible as temperatures drop this evening.
From the National Weather Service:
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM EST THIS EVENING…
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR FREEZING RAIN…SLEET AND SNOW… WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM EST THIS EVENING.
* PRECIPITATION TYPE…FREEZING RAIN…SLEET AND SNOW.
* ACCUMULATIONS…SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATION LESS THAN ONE HALF INCH. ICE ACCUMULATION AROUND A TRACE.
* TIMING…THIS AFTERNOON AND EARLY EVENING. THE BEST CHANCE FOR FREEZING RAIN WILL BE BETWEEN 4 PM AND 8 PM THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING.
* TEMPERATURES…IN THE LOWER 30S…ESPECIALLY OUTSIDE OF DOWNTOWN WASHINGTON.
* WINDS…SOUTH 5 TO 10 MPH WITH GUSTS AROUND 15 MPH.
* IMPACTS…UNTREATED ROADS AND SIDEWALKS MAY BECOME ICY. THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR HAZARDOUS TRAVEL DURING THE EVENING RUSH.
A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW…SLEET…OR FREEZING RAIN WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES…AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.
Flickr pool photo by ksrjghkegkdhgkk
This post is exclusively for ARLnow Press Club members. Not a member? Join here. Members can sign in here.
If you’re thinking about purchasing an Electric Vehicle or would like to know more, stop by the Arlington Drive Electric event September 25 at Kenmore Middle School.
A group of Marines in their dress blue uniforms braved floodwaters along Columbia Pike to help a stranded motorist. Video of the rescue has gone viral on TikTok, racking up…
A nice late summer weekend is on tap as we start to dry out tonight after a soggy couple of days. Autumn officially begins on Wednesday, and the forecast currently…