We’re looking for someone with a nose for scoops and a love of local reporting. We want a fast, clear, simple writer, comfortable with self-editing and producing multiple stories per day. Already knowing Arlington is a major plus.
We’re looking for a full-time reporter who:
- Has experience as a local news reporter — not to be confused with experience as a writer, blogger or social media producer. (That’s great, too, but we need someone who knows news.)
- Has equal enthusiasm for reporting on crime, local politics, restaurant openings and County Board meetings. We want a reporter who hears the discussion-worthy moments in a two-hour-long community meeting.
- Has a good ear for a story and knows how to find interesting local stories consistently.
- Has a demonstrated ability to quickly and accurately report on crimes, fires and other breaking news.
- Has a high comfort level with street-level, shoe-leather journalism.
- Has basic photo skills and is comfortable with online tools and publishing systems.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits and a fast-paced and fun working environment.
To apply, email your resume, a cover letter that addresses why you’re interested in the position and three clips to [email protected]
Update at 11 p.m. — The number of Dominion customers still in the dark is down modestly, to 7,378. A company spokeswoman said “the storms left a lot damage” and…
A driver in an SUV struck a juvenile riding a bike along Langston Blvd this afternoon. The crash happened around 4:20 p.m., in or near the crosswalk at the intersection…
Today’s Listing of the Day is a 4 BD/4 BA home with an open kitchen and wood burning fireplace.
The weekend has arrived and, apparently, so have mid-summer temperatures. Perhaps a little too early. Forecasters warn residents not to let the heat take them by surprise as temperatures could reach…