We’re looking for someone with a nose for scoops and a love of local reporting. We want a fast, clear, simple writer, comfortable with self-editing and producing multiple stories per day. Already knowing Arlington is a major plus.
We’re looking for a full-time reporter who:
- Has experience as a local news reporter — not to be confused with experience as a writer, blogger or social media producer. (That’s great, too, but we need someone who knows news.)
- Has equal enthusiasm for reporting on crime, local politics, restaurant openings and County Board meetings. We want a reporter who hears the discussion-worthy moments in a two-hour-long community meeting.
- Has a good ear for a story and knows how to find interesting local stories consistently.
- Has a demonstrated ability to quickly and accurately report on crimes, fires and other breaking news.
- Has a high comfort level with street-level, shoe-leather journalism.
- Has basic photo skills and is comfortable with online tools and publishing systems.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits and a fast-paced and fun working environment.
To apply, email your resume, a cover letter that addresses why you’re interested in the position and three clips to [email protected]
Everyone has flat screen TVs already so how about a more interesting Black Friday special? The ARLnow Press Club for free, to try out the daily Early Morning Notes email…
There’s not a whole lot going on in Arlington today, save for activity at local shopping centers, so we’re going to fast forward right to the top story countdown. Here…
Statues of Liberty gives thanks this holiday season and grateful for a few things this year.
It’s turkey time. Thanksgiving Eve is upon us and extra revelry can be expected at some local bars tonight, ahead of the holiday. Please be careful on the roads and…
The Optimist Club of Arlington is holding its 76th annual Christmas tree sale!
This year, the tree sale will be held at the Knights of Columbus (5115 Little Falls Road). The lot opens for sales on November 25th. The Optimist Club is selling small and large trees ranging from tabletop size to huge 14 foot tall trees! Wreaths, garlands, tree stands, and White House Christmas ornaments will also be for sale.
100% of all proceeds go towards helping Arlington County youth.
For more information, please visit the Arlington Optimists website at https://optimistclubofarlingtonva.org/.
Art House 7 is a small art studio in Arlington – offering instruction in painting, ceramics, sewing and more. We are looking for kind, dedicated people who love both creating and teaching.
Ceramic Teachers are needed to teach wheel-throwing to adults and 6-12th graders and to teach hand building to elementary grades. Classes have 3-8 students.
Drawing teachers are needed to teach either kids or adults. For kids, we offer cartooning, manga or traditional drawing. For adults, we only offer traditional drawing.
Painting teachers are needed to teach either kids or adults. We offer oil, acrylic or watercolor for adults or teens. All elementary classes use acrylic and tempera.
NCE’s Holiday Concert will bring the finest classical masterpieces and holiday favorites together for the whole family. The festivities begin with Leroy Anderson’s classic “Sleigh Ride” and “Chanukkah Festival”, music from the Nutcracker and by J.S. Bach.
Outstanding Young Artist