Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
For buyers of homes in Arlington, there is good news this week… and bad news.
Buyers should be thrilled to see 94 new listings this week at all price points providing lots of fresh choices. But buyers this week also saw their purchasing power drop as mortgage interest rates took a sharp turn upward.
The 30-yr fixed rate mortgage is now averaging over 4% at about 4.125%. And for now, it appears rates may continue to inch upward in the coming weeks. That may have influenced buyers to ratify 77 contracts this week and lock in rates before they climb further.
The average list price for ratified contracts this week mover higher at $679,457. The average days on market for homes ratified stands at 37.
The listing of the week: the $4 million contemporary townhouse perched on the bluffs above the Potomac River on Chain Bridge Rd.
- 2607 WALTER REED DR #A, ARLINGTON, VA 22206- $289,999
- 2598B ARLINGTON MILL DR #2, ARLINGTON, VA 22206- $389,500
- 2939 COLUMBUS ST S, ARLINGTON, VA 22206- $474,900
- 2400 CLARENDON BLVD #305, ARLINGTON, VA 22201- $584,900
- 5919 2ND ST N, ARLINGTON, VA 22203- $659,000
- 1038 20TH ST S, ARLINGTON, VA 22202- $725,000
- 415 CLEVELAND ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22201- $849,900
- 187 CHAIN BRIDGE RD, ARLINGTON, VA 22207- $3,999,975