Among the proposed changes:
- Eliminating the 5A line that connects L’Enfant Plaza, Rosslyn and Dulles Airport
- Eliminating the 9A line that runs from the Huntington Metro station to Old Town Alexandria, Potomac Yard and the Pentagon
- Eliminating late night weekend service on the 7A line connecting Shirlington, Fairlington and the Pentagon Metro station
- Stopping service to Crystal City on the 16H line that runs down Columbia Pike (it will instead stop at the Pentagon City Metro station)
- Eliminate service from East Falls Church to Rosslyn on the 3A line that runs to Annandale (it will instead be replaced by ART bus service)
Metro says the proposals are part of an annual service review that’s intended to make the system more efficient.
Find the ultimate urban farmhouse in this week’s Just Listed. The 4 BD/2 BA house built in 1909 sits on a quarter-acre lot and features a finished attic and a basement.
This post is exclusively for ARLnow Press Club members. Not a member? Join here. Members can sign in here.
Work continues at the Serrano Apartments to improve living conditions for residents of the affordable housing complex. Repair and maintenance work started in earnest after advocates brought to light the…
An increase in extreme weather events and community power usage has made the need to modernize our powergrid’s resilience a pertinent topic of discussion.