The AMC movie theater in Shirlington (2772 S. Randolph Street) has reopened after extensive renovations.
The AMC Shirlington 7 closed about a month and a half ago. It reopened yesterday, showing only one movie, and will fully resume a full slate of showings on Friday.
Much like the renovated AMC theater in Courthouse, the Shirlington theater now features big, plush seats that recline. Other upgrades include:
- A redone lobby and upgraded interior
- New lobby concession stand with a soon-to-open bar called “MacGuffins”
- More hot foods, like pizza, mozzarella sticks, chicken fingers and curly fries
- Coke Freestyle soda machines
- A new theater sound system
- Bathrooms are now on the first floor
The theater will begin offering assigned seating “in a couple of weeks,” around when the bar opens, an employee said.
The mix of movies will change a bit: the employee said the theater will be showing a mix of indie and mainstream films, whereas is previously focused mostly on indies.