The National Weather Service has included in a Winter Weather Advisory that includes mostly points east and south of D.C. The snow is expected to fall between 5 and 8 a.m., during the morning rush hour.
… WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM EST FRIDAY…
* PRECIPITATION TYPE… RAIN CHANGING TO SNOW.
* HAZARD TYPES… ACCUMULATING SNOW LATE TONIGHT.
* ACCUMULATIONS… 1 TO 2 INCHES… WITH UP TO 3 INCHES NEAR THE CHESAPEAKE BAY.
* TIMING… RAIN WILL CHANGE TO SNOW BETWEEN 1 AM AND 5 AM FROM NORTHWEST TO SOUTHEAST. A PERIOD OF MODERATE SNOW IS EXPECTED BETWEEN 5 AM AND 8 AM… ENDING QUICKLY BY MID-MORNING FRIDAY.
* IMPACTS… ROADS MAY BECOME SNOW COVERED AND SLIPPERY DURING THE MORNING COMMUTE.
* WINDS… NORTHWEST 10 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH.
* TEMPERATURES… IN THE LOWER TO MID 30S… EXCEPT AROUND 30 NEAR THE MASON-DIXON LINE.
A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CAUSE PRIMARILY TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SNOW COVERED ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES… AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.
Winter Weather Advisory ne & se MD, D.C., & eastern VA. About 1 inch of snow in D.C. More east and south. pic.twitter.com/D68yttjL6Q
— NWS DC/Baltimore (@NWS_BaltWash) February 4, 2016
Additional details regarding snow late tonight. Edge of heaviest precip expected to reach near I-95 corridor. pic.twitter.com/u0h5miClBA
— NWS DC/Baltimore (@NWS_BaltWash) February 5, 2016