Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
Happy Easter Holiday weekend!!
Arlington home buyers are kicking it into high gear again this week. They ratified 89 contracts across the county. Some 36 of those homes were on the market for only 7 days or less. Agents report that multiple offers and bidding war scenarios have become common this spring, especially in the lower priced homes under $600,000 where there are many more buyers.
The frenzied buying has pushed the “days on market” even lower to 44, and that takes into account one home that sold this week that had been on the market 950 days. No joke. I’ll bet that seller popped a bottle of nice champagne.
This was another good week for fresh inventory. Some 74 new listings came on the market. But this volume still falls short to enable the total inventory to build up. Demand continues to outpace supply.
Meanwhile, mortgage interest rates held steady with virtually no movement this week, still sitting at about 3.9% for a 30-yr fixed rate. Lenders have seen the refinance market dry up quickly in the last few weeks, while purchase applications have picked up significantly. Overall mortgage applications are down 3.3% this week.
Click below to see all the fresh new inventory in MRIS and call Team Cathell when you find a home you like.
- 1423 NASH ST N #11, ARLINGTON, VA 22209- $349,900
- 1530 KEY BLVD #405, ARLINGTON, VA 22209- $397,900
- 1029 STUART ST N #713, ARLINGTON, VA 22201- $559,900
- 3221 6TH STREET S, ARLINGTON, VA 22204- $599,900
- 118 OAKLAND ST N, ARLINGTON, VA 22203- $638,888
- 4416 S PERSHING CT, ARLINGTON, VA 22204- $785,000
- 4918 25TH RD N, ARLINGTON, VA 22207- $865,000
- 4140 41ST ST N, ARLINGTON, VA 22207- $899,000