It’s being billed as a beer garden — arguably the first or one of the first in Clarendon — and within about a month it will start serving Clarendon bar-goers who want to want to enjoy their brews outside.
Spider Kelly’s (3181 Wilson Blvd) is currently putting the finishing touches on a new, 2,500 square foot outdoor patio. It’s located to the right of the Clarendon watering hole’s back door, behind Don Tito and across N. Hudson Street from Brixx Pizza.
No opening date has been set yet, but co-owner Nick Freshman says he’s hoping planning to open “sometime before Memorial Day weekend.”
“It’s an extension of existing SK with same style and atmosphere,” Freshman tells ARLnow.com. The beer garden will feature:
- Capacity for 300
- 20+ foot concrete bar with canvas awning
- Two fire pits
- Bar tables, communal picnic style tables, benches and other types of seating
- A large, commissioned graffiti-style mural
- Six-foot fence around the patio
- Lots of beer: 16 taps, 30 cans, ciders, sangrias, etc.
- Large, telescoping umbrellas for shade
- Tivoli-style string lighting
Freshman said Spider Kelly’s is also adding new bathrooms inside, doubling the existing restroom capacity.