Support

ACFD Responds to Electrical Fire at Thai Square Restaurant

The Arlington County Fire Department is on scene of a reported electrical fire in the basement of Thai Square Restaurant (3217 Columbia Pike).

Firefighters responded to the restaurant just before 1:30 p.m. for a report of smoke coming from the basement. There were no visible flames when firefighters arrived; the source of the smoke was believed to be electrical in nature.

The building was evacuated and no injuries have been reported.

Columbia Pike was shut down between S. Walter Reed Drive and S. Glebe Road as a result of the fire department response. Lanes have since reopened.

Photos courtesy Andrew Pang

Recent Stories

A lonely utility pole protruding into the intersection of Columbia Pike and S. Frederick Street is expected to come down by the end of the year, a county official tells…

Morning Notes

Arlington Has High Kid Vax Rate — “Virginia schools have about 420,000 children between the ages of 12 and 15, and about 63 percent of them have received at least…

This post is exclusively for ARLnow Press Club members. Not a member? Join here. Members can sign in here.

The University of Virginia is expanding its footprint in Northern Virginia, including its Rosslyn campus. The university currently operates a satellite location of its Darden School of Business in the…

×

Subscribe to our mailing list