Those heading to the bicycle races are encouraged to use Metro, despite the ongoing SafeTrack maintenance work on the Orange and Silver lines. On Saturday, Clarendon on the Orange and Silver lines will be closest station. On Sunday, the closest station will be Crystal City on the Blue and Yellow lines.
For those who decide to drive, there will be restrictions on street parking with temporary “no parking” signs being placed in the race areas.
On Saturday, the following roads will be closed from 4:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Wilson Blvd. from N. Fillmore Street to Washington Blvd.
- Clarendon Blvd. from Washington Blvd. to N. Fillmore Street
- Washington Blvd. from Wilson Blvd. to N. Highland Street
- N. Highland Street from Wilson Blvd. to Washington Blvd.
- N. Garfield Street / N. Fillmore Street from Wilson Blvd. to Washington Blvd.
On Sunday, the following roads will be closed from 4:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Crystal Drive from 15th Street S. through S. 23rd Street
- Wilson Blvd. from N. Kent Street to the ramp to Route 110
- S. Clark Street from 20th Street S. to 23rd Street S.
- 20th Street S. from Crystal Drive to S. Clark Street
- 18th Street S. from Crystal Drive to Bell Street
- 23rd Street S. from Crystal Drive to S. Clark Street
- Crystal Drive (west side) from 23rd St S. to the Century Center parking garage
Photo courtesy Tim Kelley