Metered parking will not be enforced, according to county officials, but trash and recycling will operate on a normal schedule.
Arlington County Police will also close several roads, including some major arteries, throughout the area to facilitate festive Fourth of July crowds. From ACPD:
6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Memorial Bridge / Memorial Circle
1:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Marshall Drive from Route 110 to N. Meade Street
- N. Meade St. from 14th St. to Marshall Dr.
3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Meade Street from Marshall Drive to Route 50 (access to the Ft. Myer Heights neighborhood will be from the Rhodes Street bridge)
- Exit ramp from westbound Route 50 to N. Lynn Street (Rosslyn exit)
- Exit ramp from eastbound Route 50 to N. Meade Street (Rosslyn exit)
- Long Bridge Dr. from Boundary Channel Dr. to 10th Street S.
8:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Eastbound Route 50 at Washington Blvd. All traffic diverted from Rt. 50 on ramps to East and West Washington Blvd.
- Eastbound 10th St. N. ramp to eastbound Rt. 50 will be closed, all traffic diverted to westbound Rt. 50
- Courthouse Rd. ramp to eastbound Rt. 50 will be closed, all traffic diverted to westbound Rt. 50 or 10th St. N.
- Pershing Dr. at Rt. 50 will only be allowed westbound
- Eastbound N. Fairfax Drive from N. Pierce Street to N. Fort Myer Drive
- Columbia Pike between S. Orme Street and S. Joyce St.
- Joyce Street between Army Navy Drive and Columbia Pike
Police have also warned that street parking around the Iwo Jima Memorial, Long Bridge Park and the Air Force Memorial will be restricted for the holiday.
Residents planning on skipping town for the holiday should take note: A record-breaking 1 million D.C. area residents will leave for the long weekend, according to AAA Mid-Atlantic, with most of them driving. Reagan National Airport should also be busy; about 77,000 residents are expected to leave town on a plane.
The lowest fuel prices in a decade and the holiday falling on a Monday are driving those record-breaking numbers, the AAA said in a press release.
For those staying in Arlington, we’ve published a list of local fireworks viewing spots.
Flickr pool photo by Rob Cannon
A person suffered serious injuries in what’s being described by police as a single-vehicle crash in Rosslyn.
Introducing Towngate North, a new condominium residence coming soon to Old Town North. Find rooftop terraces where you can relax and take in city views along the Potomac.
A Dominion Energy substation under renovation near Crystal City is set to electrify the neighborhood with an artistic façade. The energy provider is expanding and remodeling its substation at the…
The Right Note is a biweekly opinion column. The views expressed are solely the author’s. The annual closeout process, or second round of spending, is upon us again. Tonight, the…