Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
Buyers have come alive this week and ratified 65 contracts, but sellers have held back and listed only 54 homes on the market. That does not help Arlington’s problem of low inventory. At the current rate of sales, and current supply of homes available at 619, Arlington has only 2.4 months of inventory. The historical national average for a balanced market is 5.5 months of supply.
Some good news for buyers this week: The Fed decided not to raise its benchmark short term rate at its meeting on Wednesday. Mortgage interest rates remained basically unchanged this week with the 30-yr fixed rate still hovering at about 3.6%. In its newest report, Freddie Mac says that 2016 could finish out with the strongest home sales since 2006, and that 2016 could have the lowest average mortgage interest rate in 40 years at 3.6%.
- 1774 TROY ST #15722, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 – $289,000
- 1001 VERMONT ST #1009, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 – $355,900
- 3205 STAFFORD ST S, ARLINGTON, VA 22206 – $449,900
- 4141 HENDERSON RD #1110, ARLINGTON, VA 22203 – $575,000
- 2136 N. POLLARD ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22207 – $649,000
- 2250 BURLINGTON ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22207 – $925,000
- 2301 MONROE ST N, ARLINGTON, VA 22207 – $999,900
- 2525 KENILWORTH ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22207 – $1,225,000
Click to see all the fresh new inventory in MRIS and call Team Cathell (703-975-2500) when you find a home you like.