Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
It just doesn’t seem fair to home buyers.
Only 60 new listings came on the market this week in Arlington during a season that normally is robust with lots of fresh inventory and excited active buyers.
Perhaps Arlington is such a desirable place to live that nobody wants to sell and leave. Ratified contracts again outpaced listings with 63 homes sold this week. This trend is not just in Arlington, but national. The National Association of Realtors said today that the slower pace of sales is because there’s not enough inventory and too few choices for buyers, especially in the moderate to lower price points.
The low inventory here is pushing up prices. Arlington’s current rate of property appreciation is about 5 percent, similar to the national average.
Mortgage rates slipped about 8 basis points this week to 3.54% for a 30-yr fixed rate. Fed Chair Janet Yellen told Congress on Wednesday that she hasn’t ruled out a rate hike later this year.
- 5101 8TH RD S #401, ARLINGTON, VA 22204 – $287,500
- 1720 QUEENS LN #3-170, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 – $299,900
- 1931 CLEVELAND ST #606, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 – $329,000
- 4111 FOUR MILE RUN DR #403, ARLINGTON, VA 22204 – $395,000
- 1220 FILLMORE ST #905, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 – $435,000
- 1050 TAYLOR ST N #1-710, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 – $559,000
- 261 PARK DR N, ARLINGTON, VA 22203 – $779,000
- 3830 30TH ST N, ARLINGTON, VA 22207 – $925,000
Click to see all the fresh new inventory in MRIS and call Team Cathell (703-975-2500) when you find a home you like.