Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
Buyers continue to outpace sellers this week in Arlington which reduces total inventory and pushes us more into a seller’s market.
Only 52 new listings came on the market this week, while buyers ratified 64 contracts on homes. The shortage of inventory here reflects national trends that are pushing the value of homes upward. HUD reported this week that September brought the highest increase in property values in 10 years.
The housing market hit its peak in the 2nd quarter of 2006 with $13.5 trillion in equity across the U.S. Currently, the total equity in homes across the country stands at $12.7 trillion. At the current rate of appreciation, the U.S. housing market should reach its peak again in only two more years. But this time there should be very little risk of a bursting bubble.
Meanwhile, interest rates rose this week by about 6 basis points to 3.62% for a 30-year fixed rate.
- 209 TRENTON ST #209-2, ARLINGTON, VA 22203 – $209,750
- 2053 WOODSTOCK ST #302, ARLINGTON, VA 22207 – $275,000
- 2105 TAFT ST N #5, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 – $325,000
- 4202 32ND ST S, ARLINGTON, VA 22206 – $449,000
- 4515 HENDERSON RD, ARLINGTON, VA 22203 – $589,990
- 3835 9TH ST N #401E, ARLINGTON, VA 22203 – $615,000
- 625 BUCHANAN ST N, ARLINGTON, VA 22203 – $650,000
- 307 JACKSON ST S, ARLINGTON, VA 22204 – $799,000
Click to see all the fresh new inventory in MRIS and call Team Cathell (703-975-2500) when you find a home you like.