Press Club

Money Being Raised for Family That Lost ‘Nearly Everything’ in Fire

An online fundraiser has been launched for a family that lost “nearly everything they owned” in a New Year’s Day house fire.

The fire, on the 2400 block of S. Nelson Street in Nauck, just about gutted the home the family was renting. It also killed their beloved puppy, Jessie, who was found under the bed of one of the family’s three daughters, according to an online fundraising page.

“Help is needed for them to find a new home and start over,” says the fundraising page. “Unfortunately they did not have renter’s insurance and are solely relying on help from others. Please donate to help this family get back on their feet.”

So far nearly $1,500 has been raised in the past 12 hours, which includes one anonymous $1,200 donation.

Recent Stories

A driver in an SUV struck a juvenile riding a bike along Langston Blvd this afternoon. The crash happened around 4:20 p.m., in or near the crosswalk at the intersection…

Today’s Listing of the Day is a 4 BD/4 BA home with an open kitchen and wood burning fireplace.

The weekend has arrived and, apparently, so have mid-summer temperatures. Perhaps a little too early. Forecasters warn residents not to let the heat take them by surprise as temperatures could reach…

The $15 million newly renovated Jennie Dean Park is reopening to the public this weekend, complete with a motorcycle parade, live music, and a celebration of local baseball history. The…

×

Subscribe to our mailing list