Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
Finally, fresh new inventory outpaced sales in Arlington. Some 41 new listings came on the market this week, and 35 homes were sold. Of those sold, only seven had been on the market less than 10 days indicating that buyers are clearing out some of the old inventory.
Nationally, the last time our existing home sale supply was so low was back in 1999.
Last week, President Trump signed an order revoking an Obama Administration measure that lowered the cost of home ownership for low income and first time home buyers. Trump raised the rate of mortgage insurance on FHA loans. The measure is estimated to prevent 40,000 renters from becoming homeowners.
Also this week, the Dow Jones hit a new record of 20,000. The movement of investor capital from US Treasuries to the stock market caused an increase in the yield on the 10-yr note which influenced mortgage rates to spike Thursday by 10 points. The 30-yr fixed rate mortgage is now at about 4.3%.
Click to see all the fresh new inventory in MRIS and call Team Cathell (703-975-2500) when you find a home you like.
- 4612C 28th Rd S #C, Arlington, VA 22206 – $300,000
- 1530 Key Blvd #422, Arlington, VA 22209 – $383,000
- 880 Pollard St N #225, Arlington, VA 22203 – $519,000
- 1301 Courthouse Rd #1008, Arlington, VA 22201 – $529,800
- 2514E Arlington Mill Dr #5, Arlington, VA 22206 – $595,000
- 2421 Quintana St N, Arlington, VA 22207 – $850,000
- 4818 9th St S, Arlington, VA 22204 – $895,000
- 2741 11Th St N, Arlington, VA 22201 – $1,149,900