Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
The floodgates have opened and the inventory has poured in this week.
Sellers listed 87 homes this week in Arlington, the highest weekly volume of fresh listings so far this year. And buyers snatched up 78 properties in ratified contracts. Some 40 of those sold in seven days or less, while 14 had been on the market over 100 days. Of those sold this week, the average days on market dropped to only 37.
Interest rates spiked up 11 basis points this week to an all-time high for the year of 4.38% for a 30-yr fixed rate. But don’t panic. That very well may recede in the coming days. The jump was caused by a report that the European Central Bank was backing off of bond purchases, which resulted in Euro bond yields jumping, which in turn influenced US Treasury 10-yr bond yields to rise. Our mortgage rates closely follow the yield changes on 10-yr treasuries. The European Central Bank has denied the report, so we hope to see rates fall back. Just a reminder that we live in a global economic world.
Click to see all the fresh new inventory in MRIS and call Team Cathell (703-975-2500) when you find a home you like.
- 2400 Clarendon Blvd #808, Arlington, VA 22201 – $415,000
- 1021 Garfield St N #113, Arlington, VA 22201 – $490,000
- 224 Nelson St N, Arlington, VA 22201 – $799,000
- 4726 24th St N, Arlington, VA 22207 – $869,000
- 3917 Abingdon St N, Arlington, VA 22207 – $1,190,000
- 1021 Daniel St N, Arlington, VA 22201 – $1,250,000
- 1316 Danville St N, Arlington, VA 22201 – $1,295,000
- 3223 1st St N, Arlington, VA 22201 – $1,834,888
(Listing of the week: a custom home builder’s personal residence in Ashton Heights.)