Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
Home buyers battled fiercely this week over the fresh new inventory.
Some 68 properties sold this week in Arlington, and half of them were gone in a week or less. Agents and loan officers report that bidding wars were common with 2-6 competing offers. The secret to winning bidding wars is simple, but not easy. Two things: skills, and courage. Buyers need to heed the advice of their agents, be bold and go for the gold (remember, the house you lose today will serve as a comp on the next house you bid on as prices climb), and make sure you present your financial strength as powerfully as you can.
While top net price is always important to a seller, many other factors can be just as important or more important to sellers. So find out what the sellers want and need.
In this peak spring market, it’s disappointing that only 64 new listings came on the market this week. Meanwhile interest rates bounced around and ended up virtually the same as Monday, resting at 4.25% for a 30-yr fixed rate. Remember, rate is only one measure of a loan. Be sure to ask your preferred lender about their fees, origination points, and discount points to fully understand the cost of your loan. I’ll offer some advice on that next week.
Click to see all the fresh new inventory in MRIS and call Team Cathell (703-975-2500) when you find a home you like.
- 4523 28TH RD S #B, ARLINGTON, VA 22206 – $245,000
- 1001 RANDOLPH ST N #1016, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 – $369,990
- 3421 STAFFORD ST #A, ARLINGTON, VA 22206 – $454,900
- 1301 COURTHOUSE RD #1103, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 – $504,000
- 1201 GARFIELD ST N ST #506, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 – $659,900
- 4122 11TH ST N, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 – $747,000
- 2305 MONROE ST N, ARLINGTON, VA 22207 – $885,000
- 4413 18TH ST N, ARLINGTON, VA 22207 – $885,000