Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
What a crazy week for the Arlington real estate market. It set a new record for the year with the most new listings and the most sales in one week. So much for the myth of summer doldrums. Some 100 homes went on the market, while buyers snatched up 104 homes with ratified contracts. And 38 of those sold in a week or less. Days on market held at 38.
It seems Arlington’s savvy buyers got the memo that interest rates are on the rise, and acted early to lock in lower rates. The 30-yr fixed rate ended the week four basis points higher at about 3.95%. A sell off in the bond market on Tuesday caused the yield on the 10-yr US Treasury bond to rise, which pulled up rates on mortgages. Rates are expected to steadily creep higher for the rest of the year.
Click to see all the fresh new inventory in MRIS and call Team Cathell (703-975-2500) when you find a home you like.
- 4821 27TH ROAD S., ARLINGTON, VA 22206- $419,900
- 3835 9TH STREET N. #403W, ARLINGTON, VA 22203- $500,000
- 2521 S. KENMORE COURT, ARLINGTON, VA 22206- $614,999
- 1235 N. VERMONT STREET, ARLINGTON, VA 22201- $725,000
- 4006 VACATION LANE, ARLINGTON, VA 22207 – $795,000
- 400 S. KENSINGTON STREET, ARLINGTON, VA 22204- $829,000
- 1314 N. FREDERICK STREET, ARLINGTON, VA 22205- $869,000
- 2408 3RD STREET N., ARLINGTON, VA 22201- $925,000