Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
Incredibly, the summer real estate market got hotter this week as temperatures also soared. Some 84 brave sellers put their homes on the market this week while 75 buyers ratified contracts. Of those, 34 sold within a week. There’s essentially been no slowdown of Arlington’s market this summer.
Good news for buyers, mortgage rates slid back about seven basis points following about the same drop in the yield on the 10-yr US Treasury bond. The 30-yr fixed rate is now at about 4%-4.1% with no points.
A new Pew Research Center report shows that the nation has the highest renter rate since 1965. Nearly 37% of households are renters, based on Census data. The largest demographic increase is millennials, those 35 yrs and younger. Major factors are high student loan debt, lack of savings for down payment, and desire to maintain mobility and not commit to a single location for the long term. When asked, renters said their biggest regret was wishing they had bought a home. The report said that in the long run, buying is still a better financial deal than renting.
Click to see all the fresh new inventory in MRIS and call Team Cathell (703-975-2500) when you find a home you like.
- 2513 ARLINGTON BLVD #101, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 – $255,000
- 1920 RHODES ST #74, ARLINGTON, VA 22201- $310,000
- 3830 9TH ST N #903E, ARLINGTON, VA 22203- $375,000
- 1001 VERMONT ST N #804, ARLINGTON, VA 22201- $383,000
- 2400 CLARENDON BLVD #PH05 ARLINGTON, VA 22201 – $400,000
- 1050 TAYLOR ST N #601, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 – $490,000
- 3222 20TH RD N, ARLINGTON, VA 22207 – $660,000
- 5750 15TH ST N, ARLINGTON, VA 22205 – $799,000