Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
Complacency has dominated Arlington’s real estate market this week. The worst thing that can happen is when neither sellers nor buyers are motivated to do anything. That’s what the numbers show. Some 60 sellers braved to list their homes this week, while only 45 buyers rallied their courage to ratify contracts.
Mortgage rates fueled the complacency. They did nothing. Rates remained unchanged with the 30-yr fixed still hovering at 4%. Historically, data shows that markets go flat when rates don’t move for long periods. But as soon as rates move either direction, up or down, there’s a flurry of buyer activity.
There may be a generation war brewing on housing. The much maligned milliennial generation, according to a Bloomberg Report, is blaming the Baby Boomers for the inventory shortage and inability of millennials to find housing. Boomers are being blamed for not selling their homes and moving up, or down. It will be fun to see how this plays out.
Click to see all the fresh new inventory in MRIS and call Team Cathell (703-975-2500) when you find a home you like.
- 108 COLUMBUS ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22203 – $775,000
- 3408 5TH ST S, ARLINGTON, VA 22204 – $849,000
- 614 19TH ST S, ARLINGTON, VA 22202 – $864,000
- 251 BARTON ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 – $889,000
- 3831 36TH RD N, ARLINGTON, VA 22207 – $898,000
- 2320 VERMONT ST N, ARLINGTON, VA 22207 – $969,900
- 6055 20TH ST N, ARLINGTON, VA 22205 – $1,474,900
- 5724 16TH ST N, ARLINGTON, VA 22205 – $1,625,000