Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
Ever wonder why some homes sell in a week and others linger for months? There’s three major reasons: location, condition and price. In today’s market, the condition of a home has never been more important. Buyers want homes updated and move-in ready. They will turn their noses up at homes that need updating, no matter what the price. Of course a great combination of location, condition and price is the winning ticket. But today, condition trumps other factors.
This week, 84 sellers listed their homes and 60 buyers ratified contracts. Of those, 15 sold within a week. A common denominator: nearly all were recently updated.
Mortgage interest rates rose a few basis points this week to about 4.07% for a 30-yr fixed rate with no points. The national housing market now shows signs of slowing, and the National Association of Realtors has adjusted their estimates for 2017 performance to drop below that of 2016 with fewer home sales. Lack of inventory is the main reason.
Click to see all the fresh new inventory in MRIS and call Team Cathell (703-975-2500) when you find a home you like.
- 3011 BUCHANAN ST S, ARLINGTON, VA 22206 – $475,000
- 2330 14TH ST N #102, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 – $575,000
- 1200 HARTFORD ST N #107, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 – $619,900
- 720 25TH ST S, ARLINGTON, VA 22202 – $744,900
- 2423 16TH ST N, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 – $825,000
- 1891 16TH ST N, ARLINGTON, VA 22209 – $949,900
- 2314 LEXINGTON, ARLINGTON, VA 22205 – $1,399,900
- 2611 ROCKINGHAM ST, ARLINGTON, VA 22207 – $1,595,000