Just Listed highlights Arlington properties that just came on the market within the past week. This feature is written and sponsored by Team Cathell, “Your Orange Line Specialists.”
On the eve of Halloween, ever wonder how many homes in Arlington are haunted? On trick or treat night, it sure seems like there’s a lot of them. But what if they really are haunted?
Is an owner or listing agent required to disclose that the home has spirits, non-rent paying occupants who refuse to leave? The answer is: NO. Since we have no formal agency to certify that a home either is, or is not, haunted then it’s anybody’s guess, and not the type of info that requires disclosure. It doesn’t rise to the level of an “adverse material defect” as far as the regulatory agencies are concerned. So before buying a house, you’ll need to bring in your own Ghost Busters to know if its haunted.
This week, 49 homes came on the market, and 56 were sold. Only one sold within a week, helping to clear out some stale inventory. Days on market rose to 44. And of those sold this week, only four were priced above $1m. These are key metrics to ponder.
Interest rates continued their slow and steady march upward. The 30-yr fixed rate rose nine basis points this week, and mortgage applications for home purchases were down 6%.
Click to see all the fresh new inventory in MRIS and call Team Cathell (703-975-2500) when you find a home you like.
- 2600 16TH ST S #732, ARLINGTON, VA 22204 – $365,000
- 1800 WILSON BLVD #303, ARLINGTON, VA 22201 – $430,000
- 1200 NASH ST #520, ARLINGTON, VA 22209 – $595,000
- 2110 TAZEWELL CT N, ARLINGTON, VA 22207 – $699,900
- 700 GREENBRIER ST N, ARLINGTON, VA 22205 – $800,000
- 2602 2ND ST S, ARLINGTON, VA 22204 – $810,000
- 117 PARK DR N, ARLINGTON, VA 22203 – $1,060,000
- 3726 18TH ST N, ARLINGTON, VA 22207 – $1,350,000