A new tool provides a map view of various projects being undertaken by Arlington County government.
Known as the “My Arlington — Projects Map,” it is a collaboration between several county departments. It shows projects in transportation, parks, water and utilities facilities and private development, as well as daily work being done.
More on how the tool works from a county press release:
- Projects can be filtered by type and status
- You can look up projects based on your address or civic association
- Addresses in and around Arlington produce the best results (some smaller-scale projects may not be included)
- Most projects are removed from the map once they’ve been complete for one year
- The map is updated several times a day
- It links people with more detailed project information already online
The tool does not include projects by the Virginia Department of Transportation, Washington Gas, Dominion Power, Arlington Public Schools, or other non-county government entities. In the future, more information will be added. Map data will also soon be viewable on the My Arlington mobile app.
A driver in an SUV struck a juvenile riding a bike along Langston Blvd this afternoon. The crash happened around 4:20 p.m., in or near the crosswalk at the intersection…
Today’s Listing of the Day is a 4 BD/4 BA home with an open kitchen and wood burning fireplace.
The weekend has arrived and, apparently, so have mid-summer temperatures. Perhaps a little too early. Forecasters warn residents not to let the heat take them by surprise as temperatures could reach…
The $15 million newly renovated Jennie Dean Park is reopening to the public this weekend, complete with a motorcycle parade, live music, and a celebration of local baseball history. The…