Starting in early 2018, ARLnow plans to create a new position of Morning Editor and Enterprise Reporter. The individual hired for this position will be responsible for executing key editorial strategies around email and memberships for our growing operation.
The job duties include:
- Researching and writing our daily Morning Notes post, which links to local stories aggregated from social media and other news outlets.
- Writing a new morning email, published daily at 7 a.m., that provides readers with a concise, informative and uplifting daily briefing of local news, events and other happenings in Arlington.
- Assisting with social media engagement on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Enterprise local news reporting, including scoop-driven coverage of local government, cops and courts. The reporter will primarily work out of Arlington County government headquarters, the first beat reporter based there in more than a decade, and will focus on publishing one impactful article per day.
We are looking for a hungry, self-motivated journalist who…
- …cares deeply about local issues.
- …builds relationships and doggedly pursues scoops.
- …is empathetic and knows how to connect with an audience.
- …has at least 2-4 years of professional news reporting experience.
- …writes clean, compelling copy and effectively self-edits and self-fact checks.
This position offers competitive compensation, health insurance, 401(k) and holidays off.
To apply, send a resume and links to some of your work to: [email protected]. Note any experience you have with WordPress, Mailchimp and Adobe Creative Suite. No recruiters, please.